Buy or Sell - We break 50K in attendance this weekend.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Yes. First game. I gave my ticket away and confirm they will be in the seats.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I think it will be close but I think we make it. Decent game time. Decent weather for this time of year. First game with new coach.

Not a name opponent but don't think that hurts much for the first game of the year. I think being labor day weekend is a break even deal; we'll lose some because they want to take advantage of the 3 day weekend to do a small vacation, we'll gain some because the three day weekend makes it easier to make it to state for the weekend and get back and recover.

Only real negative for attendance is the general trajectory of our program (which is mostly offset by excitement of a new coach I think?) and the trajectory of college football in general, which I think will continue to hurt us.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
First Quarter - Buy
Third Quarter - Sell

If it's a blowout like it should be, 50% - 75% of the students will leave at halftime.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Actual: Sell
Announced: Buy
^^^^^Not this guy’s first rodeo.

Supplemental Buy / Sell based on the absolute certainty of the 2nd statement above:

There will be at least one thread started between Sunday, 9/1 and Wednesday, 9/4 - by a dubmass who has no idea how attendance reporting works - that cites the fictitious over 50k attendance being a sign of fans buying into Lebby.

100% buy.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Sell. Right at 50K announced for last year’s opener and ticket demand has been lower for this year so far.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I don't know what they will claim the attendance is but with the opponent we have, dove season opening, 90+ degrees, deer hunting camp work days, annual Prairie Arts Festival in West Point, and just plain apathy I'm not sure there will be 40K there

Reactions: Maroon13

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I don't know what they will claim the attendance is but with the opponent we have, dove season opening, 90+ degrees, deer hunting camp work days, annual Prairie Arts Festival in West Point, and just plain apathy I'm not sure there will be 40K there
If there isn't 40k, it's plain apathy.

Game is at 5. Dove hunt the am and go to game. I did it many times as a kid.

Deer hunting camp? My gosh being in the woods in this heat.... with chiggers, misquotes etc etc. you would have to want to be at deer camp.

Prairie arts festival? Again, hot hot and .... well if you go to that over football.... Cmon man.

damn I'm bored to type all that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login