Buy or Sell - we don't care about the Bama game if State beats Kentucky**

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
soft buy

edit to explain soft buy. I agree with most everyone that I am more more upset about the UK loss than the Bama loss but on Saturday night I would have been equally as mad no matter what happened the weekend before. But I wouldn't have been as disgusted on Sunday if we were 6-2 rather than 5-3.

Last edited:

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Sell Salesman GIF by Ryan Serhant

(on a technicality)

You're presuming there's a situation where I'd care (and actually there is: 2014).

No matter the outcome of 99.9 percent of previous games, Bama is Bama & State is State.

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
100% buy. We would have just chalked it up to another bad performance and moved on. It's the fact we scored 10 offensive points aGAINST Kentucky is the issue and it repeated itself vs Bama.
At least I see the games differently. If we beat Kentucky, we'd have a shot at 9 wins. Now 8 is tops

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Maybe. I still want us to compete better than we have been against bama especially when teams equal to and less talent still can score more than us

I am more mad about Kentucky.

Reactions: GloryDawg

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Buy. World is different if we’re 6-2 and ranked in the Top 20 today.

Not moving the ball makes it worse. We’ve been under 300 yards in back to back games. Just makes everything worse.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Absolutely buy. There were numerous non-coaching gaffes in the Bama game that hurt us (dropped passes being the easiest to point out, but also the missed facemasks and all the holding).

But from the UK game, it was a straight up offensive coaching cluster17.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Can't answer. I want to see how we do at home vs. Auburn and Georgia (basically the equivalent of Kentucky and Alabama). If we beat Auburn and play decently against Georgia I'll just chalk it up to SEC road woes.

I do want us to bring the pain against Ole Miss in Oxford. Whoever does that, usually wins the Egg Bowl. No excuses not to be fired up this year, we have East TN State, they have Arkansas, and we have the motivation. Very similar to 2016 in my opinion, hope we play like that, and I think we will.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Sell.. for me anyway.

I live around these morons who are Bama homers ever since they scraped the LSU stickers off their vehicles in the late 2000’s. They cannot tell you which part of the state Tuscaloosa, AL is in. They cling to Alabama football because of the W’s and nothing else. “I am an Alabama fan because my daddy wuz”. Yea well your daddy was a dumbass too, Cleatus. That’s why he willed you three Oldsmobiles up in blocks and an old school bus full of garbage and rat ****.

They quit freaking high school and have the gall to try to tell me “Alabama is a much better school than MSU!! Haw haw!!”

This has festered into an unnatural hate I now have for Alabama. And when the refs bail those frickers out… I want them to get E. coli from the post game buffet they shove in their mouths.

Kentucky pissed me off because of a total lack of effort. But Alabama is just another level. When they threw that flag for the first roughing the passer where Young was barely touched.. I wanted to throw my couch out the bay windows. And I wouldn’t have needed help.

• Haha
Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Buy. I would've actually watched the Bama game. After the pathetic showing against UK, plus Bama's loss the previous week I knew there was no point. Why do that to myself? I figured if something crazy were to happen I could enjoy a replay. I just treated it like an Off Week.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Had we beaten KY, our spirits would have been riding higher and the game would have received a ton more national pub so the kick in the nuts would have been more unexpected and painful. Losing to KY allowed us to prepare and use a cup to protect against the drop kick to the nuts.

Reactions: Croomonshrooms

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Hold - I'm not sure I cared about the Bama game anyway. I had some brief hope with the way we were moving the ball, then we couldn't score and I was like "welp, looks like I can go ahead and finish putting up Halloween decor".

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
100% buy. We would have just chalked it up to another bad performance and moved on. It's the fact we scored 10 offensive points aGAINST Kentucky is the issue and it repeated itself vs Bama.
Bullish buy. I didn't expect to beat Bama, even if we played up to expectation. Watching us be listless for two weeks in a row after looking like a 'complete' team (discounting kicking) against aTm & Arky sucks.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I'd still want to see offensive improvement against AL. We've been so bad. To score a couple TDs or 17-20 points would be want I wanted to see. We just aren't progressing vs AL. In fact, we're worse and AL isn't even as strong as they were.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
6-2 would have us still firmly in the top 25 and while some won't admit it anyone with half a brain knew we weren't going to beat Bama anyway. Plus given the fact that LSU isn't looking like a bad loss this is a buy all day...........

patdog

May 28, 2007
Easy buy. We beat UK & we’re 6-2 with a good shot at a 9-win season. We brush the Bama loss off as it’s Bama & we always lose badly to them even in our good years. With the UK loss, we’re just thinking don’t 17 up vs Auburn and limp home at 6-6.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Sell, sell, sell. I always care about losing to Bama - particularly when we had a chance to play a lot better than we did on offense.
EVERY LOSS HURTS! Bama is in our division. KY is not.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Buy. Reasonable fans don't expect to beat Bama often/ever with Saban there, but I'm pretty tired of not being able to score, even on a Bama team that has more weaknesses than they have in recent years.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Buy mostly. We wouldn't care nearly as much about the Bama loss.
You guys are kidding yourselves.

You're STATE FANS: if we'd beaten UK the way we should have, your expectations would have been sky high going into the Bama game (particularly when you saw how Tenn went up and down the field on them) and the loss would have likely hurt a whole lot worse.

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
Hard buy. No questions asked. We played well enough defensively against Bama to make it watchable. Kentucky, we **** the bed

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
Buy.

But it's really discouraging that we are in the supposedly magical Leach 3rd year and we are still throwing up stinkers like the Kentucky game. We have nearly 20 wide receivers on the roster and a 3rd year QB and still can't make plays down the field. Throwing half a hundred times to gain barely 200 yards is NOT how you play football.

If we have trouble moving the ball against Auburn or Georgia, then we have zero momentum going into the game that 50% of our fanbase only focus on.

The problem is nobody knows who the real team is right now. Luckily we have 3 home games, but do we even have a realistic shot at UGA or will we totally discount it like the yearly Bama matchup? Unfortunately, the success of the season largely hinges on what happens in Oxpatch.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Will throws a strong back shoulder pass and a solid out route. He's good enough on wheel routes and fly patterns to make plays downfield, but he just won't pull the trigger.

But he really has trouble reading the middle of the field to find an open receiver. He's always a half second late on his throws and ends up throwing behind them so their chances of getting extra yards is limited.

I hope he and the receivers can figure it out during the off week.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Sell for me. But only because I've reached a point where I never care about the Bama game. Until something drastic happens, it's almost always a guaranteed loss.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I am a sell. I don't plan to watch the Bama game. It gets recorded and if we win, then I will watch it. The records do not matter.

I haven't watched one in quite awhile.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Buy easily for me. Simple answer, I expected to beat Kentucky. I did not expect to win at Bama.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login