Buy/Sell Gordon comes back for his senior year

G

Goat Holder

I'm feeling it. The Lord is shining upon Mississippi State this weekend. As I said earlier, Jamont and Chuck will play themselves into the NBA ala Dontae, and Hopson and Osby will pace us to the National Title in 2009.

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
He said last year that he would leave after his junior year. Also, he entered the draft last year to get an idea of where he would go and what he needed to improve on. In his mind, he probably thinks that he has improved on what he needed to improve on. That being said, I dont feel that he has improved enough. He more than likely thinks he has improved enough and we will find out if the NBA thinks he has improved enough.

OMlawdog

Feb 27, 2008
Does anyone here honestly think that he improves his draft stock next year? Jamont is in the same type situation Rhodes was in last year, he can come back but it is not going to affect his draft status. Jamont is a second round type pick that could sneak into the first round if some team really likes him in a workout.

Unless Jamont is going to get his degree from MSU next year, he should leave and get to work. He only has at best 12 to 15 years of working (Playing Basketball) in him before his body gives way. If he can make six figures working in Europe or make an NBA team, he should do it, because that is one more year of income that his body will give him.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
OMlawdog said:
Does anyone here honestly think that he improves his draft stock next year?

Most people ignore this point. It's not that he's a first round pick now. It's just that he's reached his ceiling as an NBA prospect; coming back next year provides no benefit to him. Like lawdog said, worst-case scenario, he's throwing away an extra year's income in Europe.</p>

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
Buy if he has a brain. I don't know that he can necessarily improve his stock, but I doubt coming back would hurt it either.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
VegasDawg13 said:
OMlawdog said:
Does anyone here honestly think that he improves his draft stock next year?

Most people ignore this point. It's not that he's a first round pick now. It's just that he's reached his ceiling as an NBA prospect; coming back next year provides no benefit to him. Like lawdog said, worst-case scenario, he's throwing away an extra year's income in Europe.</p>

Actually with this years class supposedly a lot stronger than next years draft then sticking around for another year could push him up in the draft since there will not be as many great players
</p>

Low Down Dirty Dog

Mar 3, 2008
He's made the lists as a top point guard, and he has the size for the NBA. If you look at the other top PGs, many of them are smallish and not prototype NBA. I think his down side is consistent shooting from an NBA perspective, but he won't project as a SG anyway. I think he's peaked as far as NBA status, so he's most likely gone.</p>

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
Low Down Dirty Dog said:
He's made the lists as a top point guard, and he has the size for the NBA. If you look at the other top PGs, many of them are smallish and not prototype NBA. I think his down side is consistent shooting from an NBA perspective, but he won't project as a SG anyway. I think he's peaked as far as NBA status, so he's most likely gone.</p>

Such as?
</p>
And I'm really looking forward to your response. If you'd like to include a list of prototypical point guards in the NBA, I'd be interested in seeing it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login