Buy/Sell. If State runs the ball like they did against Ark and A&M, they can win the EB.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Somewhat buy. That’s not the sole deciding factor. We need to be productive on first down to keep out of second and third and long. If their defense can constantly blitz and t off on Will it’s going to be a long night.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'll buy if what Ole Miss is doing on D lends itself to us running the ball a lot.

Sell if we go into the game intent on running the ball come hell or high water (which we won't).

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Buy. Anytime, anywhere that we have the ability to run the ball on a defense successfully we will always win the game. If they have to put extra resources into stopping the run we will light them up thru the air.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
We will win either way!
Zero Chance GIFs | Tenor

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Sell. Our defense stopping their running game is the key to victory.
matthew bingo GIF

What we have to do is figure out what Arkansas did to let them run all they want to, but don't let them run into the end zone and score I don't know that we could stop them, but we have to keep them from putting up touchdowns when they're in the red zone. That's a very tough job, but I'm hoping our defenses up to the task.

I also hope we have a Good Will playing Thursday night and can figure out the correct timing for handing the ball off instead of passing it and vice versa. We need to make their defense run all over the field cause they're already tired.

I usually don't agree with the minions on here, but we really need to start this game well and keep our mistakes to the bare minimum, then take things over by the end of the second half.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
These rivalry games are hard to call-lots of other variables in play. The game is likely decided on the play on the LOS. Hit them in the mouth from the beginning and don’t let up until the clock shows 0:00.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
These rivalry games are hard to call-lots of other variables in play. The game is likely decided on the play on the LOS. Hit them in the mouth from the beginning and don’t let up until the clock shows 0:00.

No idea if it will matter, but I like that we're coming off a laugher and they're limping in after a stomping.

Aug 27, 2012
Sell. As Daniel Caffe (Tom Cruise) told Jo Galloway(Demi Moore) in A Few Good Men, “Jo, we’re gonna lose, & we’re gonna lose huge”
They are a better team than we are.
Offense-they are much better & explosive
Defense-edge to us
Special Teams-I rest my case
State D will be in 2nd & 1, 2nd & 2, 2nd & 3 all night. Might stuff the 2nd down play but won’t stop them on 3rd/4th down. 4 plays to move 10 yards isn’t hard unless you make mistakes or have negative plays.
State D CANNOT give up long touchdown runs or passes - have to get them down.
Game will be based on the red zone. If state D can force 3rd & goal from beyond the 5, good chance they don’t get 6.
Offense has to be lights out & get help from defense/special teams. In our 3 SEC wins, averaged 40 points with defensive & special teams scores. In our 4 SEC losses, didn’t get out of the teens.
Don’t see it happening Thursday, would LOVE to be wrong.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
If the game falls on WR's shoulders we are doomed, he doesn't have the IT factor. If we play balanced hard nose ball like against A&M and ARKY we win. At the same time, the Defense will rise to the level of the offense.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If the game falls on WR's shoulders we are doomed, he doesn't have the IT factor. If we play balanced hard nose ball like against A&M and ARKY we win. At the same time, the Defense will rise to the level of the offense.

Will threw for 735 with 6 TDs and 0 Interceptions in those two wins.

I guess that wasn't the IT factor that won those games??

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
If Ole Miss doesn't crowd the line of scrimmage and the box on defense, then they've made poor decisions about defensive strategy.

Their DBs are faster than our WRs, so they will play man whenever they want to (e.g., 3rd and long). Their LBs will be coming upfield at the snap of the ball looking for a ball-carrier to hit.

They won't let us run it, and they will quickly tackle our receivers in our short passing game.

The Egg Bowl is gonna suck for us. Just my opinion . . .

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login