Buy/Sell: Memphis fans will cheer for State

Aug 30, 2006
Memphis fans have to know that their road ain't easy after the MSU/Oregon winner. My thought is that they would rather face the easier team since they have the potential to face so many other tough teams in the bracket. I believe that they will view Oregon as the easier matchup.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
There will be more MSU fans in Little Rock than Oregon fans obviously, and they'll want to face the team that has less of a chance to have a crowd get behind them.

JackAssBob

Sep 26, 2004
memphis fans hate that they are NOT in the SEC, they will boo us like they did at the Liberty Bowl. Pricks.

rebelrouseri

Jan 24, 2007
again with them, you will soon be reminded about how big their little man syndrom is w/ the SEC. They hate you already and will really hate you if you take away their, "just wait until basketball season" excuse before they eveb need it.

bulldogbaja

Dec 18, 2007
I don't think many teams want to play us. Not saying we're the greatest team in the country but is there a team in the tourney that you can really imagine beating us handily? Point being, we might not beat Memphis, but I'd say we're one of the toughest outs in the tournament.
And for the record I think if we can get past Oregon, the Memphis game is definately winnable.

B

BillBrasky10

Sell bigtime. There is no way those guys like us. They are trashy conference USA fans just like Southern Miss fans. They sure as hell dont like us. (see 06 baseball season)

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
I wouldn't either if I were them. Any team with Varnado, Rhodes, and Gordon on the floor at the same time is dangerous in a single elimination tournament. That doesn't mean we are about to run through the tournament like wildfire, but we are a team that no high seed wants to play in that opening weekend.

redlobsterdawg

Mar 3, 2008
so they will not be able to afford tickets to the game unless they are giving away free tickets to fans who come in blue hoodies.

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
I agree, Memphis has a huge chip on their shoulder about the SEC. That's why I'm buying. I think they want to play us in the worse way. They want to show the mighty SEC what's up.

Side note: I haven't talked to a single Memphis fan today that thinks Memphis would have the slightest issue with us. All they're talking about is having to play Texas in Houston.

drunkernhelldawg

Nov 25, 2007
I know it's not a good comparison but when Princeton beat UCLA in 1996 I started jumping up and down, knowing that we had just made the Sweet 16 and Jones's stress fracture would have time to heal. The bottom line is that they want the easiest road they can get to the title, and Mississippi State ain't an easy team to beat.

If they are idiots, they want us; otherwise, they'll take the at-large team with the highest RPI in the tourney

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
You must not listen to Sports56 much. They hate the SEC and everything associated with it, out of pure envy and jealousy. In the back of their minds, the thought of playing us and losing is so disturbing to them, they will pull for Oregon and just say they are doing it because they hate the SEC.

M

MasterDawg

They don't really see any roadblocks. Not that I can blame them, but that is a little presumptuous. Hopefully, our guys watched the Memphis news and this will fire them up for both games.

Just for the record I have us going out first game.

To stay in thread, sell. Memphis hates the sec and it would feed their fodder more if we got ousted first game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login