Buy/Sell Our run last year...

msugradawg

Feb 23, 2008
in the NIT will help coming down the stretch and into the tournament...

I say sell just cause we were playing at home we were world beaters at home in the post season.... I don't put alot of faith into experience, unless you are playing in the NCAA's year in and year out...

MaroonDawg1985

Feb 26, 2008
and at least our guys who were freshmens last year got to play in a postseason tournament... it's a different environment no matter where you play in a win-or-go-home situation and we DID get one (very close) game in a big and unfamiliar arena.

Not to say that it will help very much but like i said... cant hurt

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
that is the value of the NIT if you are a young team, which we were last year. You get more games against decent opponents and having a short time to prepare for an unfamiliar team somewhat simualtes the Big Dance. The biggest difference is playing at home.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
NIT isn't comparable to the NCAA. NIT is like an extension of the regular season. NCAA is a completely different experience altogether.

G

Goat Holder

Because Jamont will do something stupid. UK last year was once in a blue moon, and the SEC tourney is not quite the NCAAs either.

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
We played every one of those games at home. More than likely, we will end up having to play in a hostile environment if we make it to Saturday/Sunday.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login