Buy/Sell: The NCAA makes up more restrictions and regulations

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
just to spite Polk. I say buy.

Remember, to the NCAA, baseball is one of those "non-revenue" sports that they show in their commercials where they're saying they "promote the student athlete". You know, the ones with Women's Lacrosse, Swimming and Diving, etc.?

Well, to them Ron Polk is a pain in the ***. Baseball is one of the few sports that the NCAA isn't being used as a farm league. Because of that, it still maintains the academic integrity of the students. We're not treated to latent homosexual fans "concerned" about "kids" getting in trouble, not making a 17 on an Untimed oral ACT exam, not making a 2.5 G.P.A. in a public school that can barely teach their kids to read. They're going to keep baseball a non-revenue sport for most schools and that's that.

Ron Polk bitching and griping must be very annoying to the NCAA, sorta like Doug and Wendy Whiner. So, just to spite him, they make specific rules just to piss him off....like they're as worried about him as they are about the AD at USC or President of Notre Dame. I bet Polkie Sherrill's huge essay he wrote last year made a wonder paperweight, or door stop, at the NCAA offices.

I say, kick Polk upstairs, hire a Head Baseball coach who is concerned about what he's being paid to do, which is coach baseball, and move on.

State82

Feb 27, 2008
the NCAA, but as far as kicking Polk upstairs and hiring a serious baseball coach, I agree 100%. Should have been done seven years ago.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
It's like I've said before:

Is Ron Polk right about the NCAA being unfair to baseball? No doubt. However, life isn't fair. Most baseball coaches have chosen to live with the NCAA, but Polk has chosen to fight it, and it is causing the MSU baseball program to suffer. Despite Polk being right, he just needs to forget it, and move on and COACH OUR BASEBALL TEAM.

That said, Buy on more ticky tack rules, just because that's what the NCAA does, but sell on it aimed at Polk. If they want Polk gone, they'll just make up some allegations and basically force us to make him leave. They're not going to penalize every school in the country because of one coach. Plus, by doing that it will ruin Polk to the point that people will at least think twice before hiring him.

patdog

May 28, 2007
much less an average college baseball coach. He's so far under their radar he doesn't even register.</p>

patdog

May 28, 2007
Losing SEC record since his return to MSU. Only 2 CWS appearances (and no seasons where he came within a game or two of the CWS and missed it) in his past 13 (soon to be 14) seasons at the school with arguably the best resources in all of college baseball. That sounds pretty damn average to me.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I would love to have the 85 team back. It could be argued that since we didn't make it in 83 and 84, we were inexperienced as far as the CWS. I really believe experience is the most valuable thing you can have in a post season baseball tournament.

That's one reason why we don't have a NC. We don't go to Omaha consistently enough. Yeah, we go once every 5 years or so, which is great, but we never have a three year run where we go every year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login