Buy, Sell. This is Polk's last roundup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
I think this season could tank so bad that he is out either voluntarily or Doc balls up again.

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
I'll buy. If we are getting our asses kicked like this against a team that's been Div I for only a couple of years, I can't imagine what's going to happen when we play the better competition. This might be the worst pitching staff ever assembled under him.

Feb 23, 2008
hire anyone from within. Raffo nor McNickle is worthy. We've had all of Fall and the past 4 weeks or so and we can't find a combo of pitchers to hold N. Florida under double digits. You know Ron, it wouldn't hurt if you spent a little less time bitching and more time adapting to the same rules that everyone else plays by. I mean, I'm sure N. Florida has so many more scholarships and all....

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I am going to give them a little more tha 3 games before I mark the season off as a failure.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Hard to write off a season that is about 3/60ths of the way complete.

Short memories. Last year we lost to Winthrop and Dallas Baptist, and wound up in Omaha. Forgive me if I don't panic after 3 games.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
gives us 2 great weeks of baseball every 6 years.
So its not that hard to get down quickly.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The two biggest mistakes made in MSU baseball were when Polk "unretired" just a few weeks after announcing his retirement in 1992 (or thereabouts) and when he was re-hired in 2001.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That is possibly the best description of the Ron Polk of the last 18 years I've ever seen 8Dog. You nailed it perfectly.

Feb 23, 2008
we have a chance to improve a little as we go along and keep hope that by season's end that we're playing our best but it's pretty discouraging that we can't distinguish who our top 8 position guys are. Even if we do, we're still gonna have to hope our pitchers come around or it won't matter. These next 8-9 games are going to be big in regards to the rest of the year after this weekend's debacle. We can't afford many more letdowns like this. Honestly, I think we all better hold judgement on this team until KB21 gives his 2 cents on things. We're all such piss-ants compared to his extensive baseball knowledge.

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
starting the season 1-2 is as little a disadvantage as a 1-2 count is to a hitter.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
Remember LT is still technically in charge and Byrne probably wants to see how things shake out in year one and evaluate each team at the end of his first year.

The only way I would buy is if we had a losing season. Think about it, we are one year off of a CWS appearance and while we did lose a lot of key players like Easley, Rea, and Moreland we have a lot of our team back from last year. We certainly didn't lose so many guys that we should have a losing season.

I do believe that Byrne will take into consideration what the fans think, and I think most people would be in favor of not letting Polk pick his successor.

Cohen seems like a logical fit. Byrne has UK connections and Cohen has MSU connections. Plus, last year when we played UK, the LFL was cheering COHEN, COHEN after we played them.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
we took 2 out of 3 from them and a solid round of boos everytime a UK player leaned over the plate to get a hbp because they couldn't get a hit swinging the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login