Buy/Sell: This is the hardest bracket we have ever had.

Hanmudog

Apr 30, 2006
I say Buy and not just because of our seed either. Oregon is a decent team. Memphis obviously. Either Pitt or Michigan State, both tough. Texas who was nearly a one seed. And then UCLA if we get that far.</p>

patdog

May 28, 2007
At least not for the first two rounds. I have no idea who we would have played if we'd beat Duke.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
We matched up pretty well against Duke. Frazier, not really at 100%, took out Redick. Campbell and Roberts did well against Shelden Williams. The guy we really struggled against was Ewing. We just couldn't guard him.

I'd say this is a tougher bracket, but who knows.

cowbell9

Nov 15, 2005
....Memphis State sux at FT like we do. If we are to pull that one out, we must shoot 70% or better from the line. Memphis State will beat us if we dont.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
If we face Memphis (have to include that since Oregon could make all this moot) and can get it into a free throw shooting contest, we at least wouldn't be at a disadvantage. Perhaps, if we get the right people to the line, notably Hans, then maybe we could be at an advantage. That's just weird to even think about.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think the Frazier injury cost us a Sweet 16 appearance that year. There's no way that team would have been an 8 seed if he hadn't gotten hurt.

Sep 15, 2004
Stormrider81 said:
We matched up pretty well against Duke. Frazier, not really at 100%, took out Redick. Campbell and Roberts did well against Shelden Williams. The guy we really struggled against was Ewing. We just couldn't guard him.

</p>

but I recall seeing a quote from Coach K that he told Frazier that Redick would have nightmares after the job Winsome did on him. And yeah, Ewing prompted this:
</p>
"Ewing is the guy down the stretch that really hurt us," Stansbury said. Ewing finished with 22 points -- and after hitting his fourth 3-pointer of the game, taunted the Bulldogs by saying "You can't guard me" to guard Shane Power.
]

AA - pagan

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login