Buy/Sell USM is the New Baseball School in MS.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
OM is in better shape. USM ain't sniffed Omaha.

Apr 16, 2006
No, because Palmer hasn't led the program over the regional hump. UM hosted and won a regional and MSU went to Omaha. I want to see us in a super before thinking anything like that.

Mar 9, 2008
WTF did this come from? USM is a solid program, but they have only hosted one regional in the last decade (only one ever) and they have never advanced to the Super Regional round. They have shown nothing to distinguish this year's team from any others in the past few years. And, while their expansion would be the envy of 90% of the other teams in the country, it still won't be as nice as State or Ole Miss. So, sell in every facet.</p>

SanfordRJones

Nov 17, 2006
USM has never made it past a regional in the post-season. They've won 7 Regional games in their history. Fluke or not, we won almost that many post-season games last year.

Since you're one of the main people on this board saying that Stans is no good because he's never made it to the Sweet 16, for you to even suggest that USM is the best baseball program in the state is absolute lunacy.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
board history. What in the world could support the notion that USM is THE baseball school in the state? The regional they hosted in 2003? The article in the paper this morning that said they were hot and ole miss was struggling? The fact that they were a grand slam away from beating ole miss a few weeks ago?

G

Goat Holder

MSU is still the baseball school in Mississippi.
Ole Miss is the football school.
USM is nothing.
There is no basketball school.

MSU could rebuild the baseball team pretty quickly if it wanted to, same with Ole Miss's football program. Ole Miss's football program is farther in the ******* than our baseball program is, though.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Im not even sure where you come up with this stuff. USM the new baseball school? really?

SanfordRJones

Nov 17, 2006
...to be reading a lot more into that article than I am. I don't see anything suggesting that USM has jumped over OM and MSU as the state's baseball school.

CFOEagle

Jan 20, 2008
Not sure how the article implied that, many teams get 'red hot' from time to time. There's obviously more potential for us in baseball, since CUSA is at least respectable in that sport, but potential and a quarter will get you, well, it won't get you **** anymore.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
While the argument for MSU still being above Ole Miss in baseball can be entertained, I can see no reason for anyone to say USM is above either. They have hosted one regional and haven't made it past that round yet. Ole Miss has hosted 4 straight regionals, made it to 3 straight super regionals, and hosted 2 of those. MSU has only hosted 1 regional and 1 super but did make it to Omaha. USM hasn't done a single thing other than host one regional, which they lost.

G

Goat Holder

to completely strip myself and huntsvilledawg of the bipolar title, but you have successfully done it. Congratulations, you are more emotional than lipstic lady and/or leanne.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
USM? Are you serious? I do think that they are the most underrated program in the state, but my gosh...

All you need to know is they have gone to the Ole Miss Regional couple of times and have gotten their tails handed to them.

And what Major League players have they produced? Kevin Young? Pat Rapp? Chad Bradford?

Please.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
While the Eagles have had good fan support for several years, they've not yet made the Super Regionals.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login