BUY/SELL Worst Polk Coached Team ever?

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
Worst season record for Polk is 28-23 (1982) and worst SEC record since expansion 11-16 (1995)

Will the Bulldogs set Career lows in one or both of these this season?

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
but, then I am the guy that predicted, based on our pre-conference play in basketball, there was no way we would end up .500.

So, with this prediction, I seal up our victory in the CWS.

State82

Feb 27, 2008
Over the past 6 years since Polk returned (2002 through 2007) we have had a conference record of 84-90. That ranks 8th in the SEC over that period. <17>ing 8th!! This **** is way past due for correction.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I think the 2006 team was. They started out 17-0 or whatever, #1 in the country and then nose dived.

At least this team has the injury excuse. The 2006 team had several veterans on it, and practically all of them were pussies like Brad Jones. Not to mention who had Kateon and E-Rut on that team as well.

Although, now that I think about it, we really probably should wait until the season ends, so this team could possibly earn that title, but for now, I'm sticking with 2006.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
Also, I think what happened in 1989 and 2003 in the Regionals was absolutely atrocious. I assume you're talking about the entire season though.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We'll definitely set the mark for worst overall record, but we played much easier schedules back in the early 80s. Worst conference record will be close, but I'm buying that one too.

sixpackmafia

Feb 24, 2008
in years past, we could pitch, and not hit.....other years we could hit and not pitch.....and in all those years we managed to finish respecatble.....this year, 08, we cant pitch or hit (unless we are playing UAB)......i think he have finally put it together......polk has passed his peak....

D

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
Sell on the hitting, so I'm holding for a while.

Paper Dog

Feb 20, 2008
The West really is that bad

Alabama loses to UNO tonight
Auburn needs a balk call to beat Troy
Ole Miss lost to Central Arkansas

In the East, Tennessee sweeps LSU and then loses to Lipscomb

Henry Kissinger

Aug 30, 2006
i agree, the west sucks and we really are a young team (that can be an excuse every once in a while, right?). the pitching situation sucks right now, but hopefully people will heal up. we'll be better by the end of the year. maybe?

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
That team I saw this weekend is just not very good. Polkie Sherrill can complain about "injuries", "Youth", "That's baseball", etc. However, that team that was out there last weekend wasn't very talented, was timid at the plate, and moved around the field like they were wearing cement shoes.

That's what make Timmy Bowen's near no-hitter even more amazing....he didn't need that much help from the field.

It's time to promote Polkie to "Vice-President of Bitching and whining about the NCAA", put him in an office in the basement of the Bryan Building, put in some great ventilation ducts for his cigar smoke, and hope like everything that the NCAA doesn't get pissed at MState again for the nasty things he says about them.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
does suck, you are pointing to midweek games to show that we will go 15-15 in conference. There is a major difference b/w midweek games and conference games. SEC teams are throwing their 4th and 5th guys while opponents throw their best guy.

G

Goat Holder

and now our 3rd best player is as well.

Turner, Weatherford, Pigott ring a bell??

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login