BWI Sport Betting Thread

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
A little late, but I thought I would fire this up again. I'm sure this thread will focus on college football, but NFL and all other sports welcome too. I know my man @Erial_Lion has some great reads on FA Cup and hoops games.

Feel free to post bets that you like, but even more valuable would be general info, such as the UNLV QB suddenly decided to red shirt (I think I'm still betting UNLV vs Fresno), injuries/illnesses, etc.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I just happen to be listening to an interesting podcast as I read this. Elihu was a moderator at SBR back in the day and we’ve been posting on the same forums for years. He’s written a few books (one new, and one I did actually read some parts of when it came out).

Reactions: Grant Green

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
I just happen to be listening to an interesting podcast as I read this. Elihu was a moderator at SBR back in the day and we’ve been posting on the same forums for years. He’s written a few books (one new, and one I did actually read some parts of when it came out).

This podcast may sound a little complicated to many at first, but it paints a really good picture of the betting market. Definitely beneficial to anyone that wants to go beyond novice bettor.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
This podcast may sound a little complicated to many at first, but it paints a really good picture of the betting market. Definitely beneficial to anyone that wants to go beyond novice bettor.
Yea, Elihu always has really good stuff, but definitely more towards the intermediate/advanced side of things for people that want to do this seriously and win.

I'll post the Eddie Walls podcast again this week when it comes out, especially since it'll likely include analysis of our game on Saturday night. Eddie is the sharpest guy that I've met that's willing to speak openly about some of the things he talks about when breaking down the games.

Reactions: Grant Green

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
The two I like the most right now is Rutgers ML tomorrow night against Washington and the Steelers -1 1/2 on the road at the Colts. Gotta think the Knights, Scarlet edition will be revved up for a Friday night national contest at home coming off that big win on the road at Blacksburg. Washington coming cross-country can't be helpful but they at least have had a week off to lick the wounds of losing the Apple Cup. I watched the Colts last week and their offense revolves around Taylor and the running game. Richardson's passing ability is laughable at best so I gotta think the Steelers defense will torture him on his dropbacks. Colts run D is not the greatest and maybe this is the time Najee Harris really breaks out.

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
The two I like the most right now is Rutgers ML tomorrow night against Washington and the Steelers -1 1/2 on the road at the Colts. Gotta think the Knights, Scarlet edition will be revved up for a Friday night national contest at home coming off that big win on the road at Blacksburg. Washington coming cross-country can't be helpful but they at least have had a week off to lick the wounds of losing the Apple Cup. I watched the Colts last week and their offense revolves around Taylor and the running game. Richardson's passing ability is laughable at best so I gotta think the Steelers defense will torture him on his dropbacks. Colts run D is not the greatest and maybe this is the time Najee Harris really breaks out.
Good to see you back in the betting thread. Really torn on the Rutgers game so probably sitting it out. I had them last week and I think they are definitely better than people think. My power ratings have Wash as a 1 point fav (and I gave Rutgers a 1.5 point bump for a Friday night game + long travel for UW), but something tells me that they will be a public dog which I hate. Good luck. This game should tell us a lot about these two teams going forward.

Reactions: LaJollaCreek

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
For NFL bettors, there are a number of Wong teaser legs available this week. Cleveland and Indy have point totals of 40 or less, making them more appealing.
Indy +1.5 at home vs Pit
NO +2 at ATL
TB +2 at home vs Phi
Cleveland +2 at LV
Buffalo +2 at Balt

For anyone not familiar, the Wong teaser is really the best (only, according to some) way to profit on a teaser. It is moving a home/road underdog of +1.5 to +2.5 points up to +7.5 to +8.5 (through key numbers of 3, 4, 6, 7) or a home favorite of -7.5 to -8.5 down to -1.5 to -2.5. I would only play a teaser at -120 (or less). Vegas books starting charging -130, but many offshores still at -120.

Reactions: MtNittany
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login