Bye Bye Barbay

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Arnett is much worse than that, Odom would have the good sense to have a good OC and run a program, Arnett was getting led round by a 6a high school coach
He's had some good oc's. I would rather a head coach that knows offense. It's always worked better here when the coach knows offense

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Arnett is much worse than that, Odom would have the good sense to have a good OC and run a program, Arnett was getting led round by a 6a high school coach
How many DC’s did Mullen have? With a defensive coach, we’ll have to hire a new OC every 1-2 years. We’ve found it’s harder to hire competent OC’s at State. I don’t want Lebby, mainly because his offense is the flavor of the month in the SEC, but at least we’d be consistent from year to year (if it works).

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
How many DC’s did Mullen have? With a defensive coach, we’ll have to hire a new OC every 1-2 years. We’ve found it’s harder to hire competent OC’s at State. I don’t want Lebby, mainly because his offense is the flavor of the month in the SEC, but at least we’d be consistent from year to year (if it works).
I agree , I’d much rather have an offensive HC for sure, but Odom is a pretty decent coach. There are good HCs that have a defensive background, just not as many and a Defensive coach isn’t as good of a fit here. Odom would be a safe hire and get the program to 7-5 IMO.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

TPIPER36

May 19, 2023
This is why I don't want a defensive coach like Odom or Sumerall. You make the wrong OC hire and you suck on offense all year.
Getting a Defensive coach would be the worst move in the history of Mississippi State football! We just failed miserably with a defensive hire. Now we’re going to get another defensive guy? We should after a coach with an exciting offense. Defense can be found with a solid DC. Our head coach needs to be offensive minded that gets exciting playmakers on O.

Last edited:

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Ya know there is a possibility that if we had hired a better OL coach than the 2 lovers we hired Barbay might not have completely sucked a$$. This line is terrible at pass blocking and not much better at run blocking. Would you trust this line if you were back there ? I don't know how you ruin a line with 4 returning senior starters that have played together 3 years but Friend and Schmidt can tell you. What a dynamic duo.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login