Cal to Arky?

patdog

May 28, 2007
That would be a dream come true for UK…

That's a big win for Kentucky then. Not sure why Arkansas would want to do this though. He'd be expensive as hell and hasn't been to a Final Four in 9 years at freaking Kentucky.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Why would you leave KY to go to Arkansas?
That makes no sense to me.
For starters, he would likely bring UK’s recruiting class with him. And word is team Cal underestimated the BBN’s frustration with the post season flame outs over the last five years.

Who knows, a change of scenery could do him some good.

patdog

May 28, 2007
For starters, he would likely bring UK’s recruiting class with him. And word is team Cal underestimated the BBN’s frustration with the post season flame outs over the last five years.

Who knows, a change of scenery could do him some good.
He won’t bring them all. I understand the new NIL world and all. But you still can’t recruit as well at Arkansas as you can at Kentucky. But yeah. He’ll bring some of them. Question is, can he still coach them like he did his first 6 years at Kentucky. The last 9 years say no.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Matt Jones from Kentucky Sports Radio just said that Cal is likely gone leaving one of the best two or three jobs in the game open. Oats will get a lot of chatter but I don’t think Barnhart could stomach that with all of the off the court issues at Bama. He swung and missed with Donovan twice. Does he try that route one more time?

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Matt Jones from Kentucky Sports Radio just said that Cal is likely gone leaving one of the best two or three jobs in the game open. Oats will get a lot of chatter but I don’t think Barnhart could stomach that with all of the off the court issues at Bama. He swung and missed with Donovan twice. Does he try that route one more time?
$18M buyout for Oats as well.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Well, it's good to know that we get to keep our coach who doesn't like Starkville and isn't a great recruiter.

Now that it's obvious to all he's looking to get out of town, I'm sure he's really going to kill it on the recruiting trail.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So did Jan’s even interview or was that just smoke?
Even if it's smoke, it's obvious Jans or his agent wanted the name out there, to either get out or help with negotiations here. The question is still why, just like Mullen. Why are these coaches that have no ties here giving off this overwhelming 'I can't win here vibe'?

I personally don't think many coaches like the inferiority culture that exists in so places not named Mississippi State baseball.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
If I’m Kentucky I go with Pearl or Oats.
Does Kentucky have NIL money? I have no idea who their boosters are. I assume they are just a big fanbase who contributes a little per capita, similar to Alabama football, i.e. mainly done via collective. They basically paid players before, in the old system, with Cal's contacts, which don't really matter as much anymore. His freshmen phenoms struggle more when upperclassmen stay in college a year or so longer.

I think a lot of these guys have figured out their pro prospects in basketball are small, so may as well play in college a few more years rather than run off to Europe or what not. I can see college basketball fundamentally changing into something better, long term.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login