Caleb Cunningham

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
If we manage to sign him.. who has seen him play? Been a while since we inked as highly of a rated WR out of high school if the deal can be closed.

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
A buddy of mine from Ripley went to the game when Choctaw Co. travelled up there, and he let me know that Caleb Cunningham looked like Calvin Johnson standing out there compared to the other guys on the field. He is legit.

Reactions: DawgsNCowboys87

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
He's class of 2025, right?

I feel like I've seen this movie before.
We've got some advantages. He does love MSU.

But yeah, we've got some folks in this fanbase that think he's automatically coming here and those folks haven't learned any lessons from past recruiting battles. Ole Miss and Alabama are going to be all over this kid locally, and there will be 20-30 other big time programs after him too.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
If we do end up signing him, he would potentially be the highest rated recruit we've ever signed.

Currently ranked 10th nationally in the composite. Deljuan was 14th, Chris Jones was 18th (#2 for 247), Simmons was 18th as well and Cross was 27th.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
We've got some advantages. He does love MSU.

But yeah, we've got some folks in this fanbase that think he's automatically coming here and those folks haven't learned any lessons from past recruiting battles. Ole Miss and Alabama are going to be all over this kid locally, and there will be 20-30 other big time programs after him too.
Yeah, I got excited until I saw the classification year. I feel like we've had plenty of highly rated kids that "love MSU" their junior year and put on someone else's hat on signing day of their senior year. Hopefully, this time is different, but I think this kid is still going to expect some major cash, even if he gives us a 'kinfolk discount'. Anyway, buckle up.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If we do end up signing him, he would potentially be the highest rated recruit we've ever signed.

Currently ranked 10th nationally in the composite. Deljuan was 14th, Chris Jones was 18th (#2 for 247), Simmons was 18th as well and Cross was 27th.
If he is that high we will never see him in Maron and Whit.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Yeah, I got excited until I saw the classification year. I feel like we've had plenty of highly rated kids that "love MSU" their junior year and put on someone else's hat on signing day of their senior year. Hopefully, this time is different, but I think this kid is still going to expect some major cash, even if he gives us a 'kinfolk discount'. Anyway, buckle up.

In this day, if he's as good as advertised he deserves serious money. And he shouldn't be disparaged for expecting it. I hope we can compete for him.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
In this day, if he's as good as advertised he deserves serious money. And he shouldn't be disparaged for expecting it. I hope we can compete for him.
I’m not slandering the young man. I just shake my head at the phrase “5 star junior predicted to Mississippi State”.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’m not slandering the young man. I just shake my head at the phrase “5 star junior predicted to Mississippi State”.
You should be shaking your head. The real talk is market value on elite WR’s of his class is something along the lines of $750k + just for signing and one season. Then upwards of $1 million+ per year for each year after that. It’s not likely to turn out well for us.

And even if it does go well, whatever deal we give him is going to make things go south for multiple other prospects that are further down the board….but still very much needed. That has always been the classical MSU football recruiting predicament when it comes to elite prospects.

Nov 20, 2023
You should be shaking your head. The real talk is market value on elite WR’s of his class is something along the lines of $750k + just for signing and one season. Then upwards of $1 million+ per year for each year after that. It’s not likely to turn out well for us.

And even if it does go well, whatever deal we give him is going to make things go south for multiple other prospects that are further down the board….but still very much needed. That has always been the classical MSU football recruiting predicament when it comes to elite prospects.
Wow, that much $ huh? Such a sad world where recruits/transfers especially can demand that much $ like that in 17ing College. It’s gotten out of control the way they get paid before the NFL. My lord how I miss the days of Recruiting players to the best of your ability every year. I feel like this shite has made things worse overall and really only benefits the Blue Bloods/Top Programs with Very Deep Pocket for the most part. They used to play their asses off for School pride and to get to the NFL. Oh how I miss those days!! I know recruits have always been paid on occasion but now it’s like they expect it period.

Reactions: Perd Hapley
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login