Call it copium but

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
The Dawgs are still going to finish in the top half of the conference while those ahead and behind them are spending tens of millions more. It is fair to expect even better results given the inconsistency this season but it helps have some perspective fellas. Let the new AD come in with a renewed push for funding and see how the next few recruiting classes pan out. Leach is still earning his place so there’s no need to start trying to replace him. He’s kept State out of the basement where we used to reside and he’s kept the bowl streak alive. There are many here who thought it would be much worse.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The Dawgs are still going to finish in the top half of the conference while those ahead and behind them are spending tens of millions more. It is fair to expect even better results given the inconsistency this season but it helps have some perspective fellas. Let the new AD come in with a renewed push for funding and see how the next few recruiting classes pan out. Leach is still earning his place so there’s no need to start trying to replace him. He’s kept State out of the basement where we used to reside and he’s kept the bowl streak alive. There are many here who thought it would be much worse.
There are 9 teams in the SEC with a less than .500 record in the conference, we are 1 of the 9 and we can finish .500 at best. Is that really what you call "Leach earning his place" ? We're spending $5 million a year for .500 conference results but there's only 5 teams with a better record so let's grin and bear it? Nobody accepts and justifies mediocrity like MSU fans

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
There are 9 teams in the SEC with a less than .500 record in the conference, we are 1 of the 9 and we can finish .500 at best. Is that really what you call "Leach earning his place" ? We're spending $5 million a year for .500 conference results but there's only 5 teams with a better record so let's grin and bear it? Nobody accepts and justifies mediocrity like MSU fans
All but one of our conference losses were vs teams now in the top 8 of the country. There is a great chance 2 of those 4 could be in the CFP. Is that really what you call Leach not still earning his place?

Nobody endlessly bitches about every negative outcome & overreacts like MSU fans.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
All but one of our conference losses were vs teams now in the top 8 of the country. There is a great chance 2 of those 4 could be in the CFP. Is that really what you call Leach not still earning his place?
Exactly

watch these cockroaches crawl under a rock when our schedule gets easy next year and we win 9-10

like the #2 sos has nothing to do with it, oh sure we should beat Georgia LSU and Bama on the road

clowns with an agenda

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Actually, relatively speaking, if you are spending 5M for an average of a .500 conference record in the SEC, you are getting at least slightly more than adequate bang for the buck. i mean, look around at our SEC competition and see how much they are paying their HC , and see what they are getting for those huge salaries.

(Here's looking at you, Texas A&M).

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020

Nobody endlessly bitches about every negative outcome & overreacts like MSU fans.
Can you say this again so every idiot fan that’s on here complaining will see it? Some folks are out of touch with reality.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Exactly

watch these cockroaches crawl under a rock when our schedule gets easy next year and we win 9-10

like the #2 sos has nothing to do with it, oh sure we should beat Georgia LSU and Bama on the road

clowns with an agenda
Sec Schedule flips next year. Your "easier" games are on the road. The ones you expect to lose are at home. While Will is qb the team won't win 9 games

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It’s not just head coach salary. It’s assistant coach salary, it’s the recruiting budget, it’s facilities budget. I don’t know the exact figures but I’m sure we are at the bottom of the SEC in all those categories. Our athletic budget is tiny compared to much of the SEC. Our NIL budget is the same way. Having perspective is not the same as accepting mediocrity.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Southeaster Louisiana
Arizona
LSU
@ South Carolina
Alabama
Western Michigan
Bye
@ Arkansas
@ Auburn
Kentucky
@ aTm
Southern Miss
Mississippi

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Why do you expect more? Our efforts towards athletics reflect the results.
I hate losing as much as anyone, but I’m also a realist. Outside of Vandy, we have the smallest recruiting budget in the SEC. Yet some fans think we should be a recruiting powerhouse.
We are getting out of it what we put in.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Improvement must always be strived for but unrealistic goals can be a killer. If we can pull off an Egg Bowl W, that'll be back to back .500 SEC records for STATE and if you examine our history the last 25 years, that ain't too shabby. Leach has earned his right at STATE to get a chance at that and a decent season of .500 or better next year. It's not the time to discuss hot seat yet after what we've witnessed Overall like stomping LSU @ Baton Rouge year 1. Comeback VS AU; Whippin' A&M on the road and again at home; Tough SEC Losses but still finished .500 last year. Ain't no split second 180's @ STATE Football; gotta put one step forward each time up the hill.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Ask yourself what it will cost to replace Leach. Five million dollars is cheap for this conference now these days my friend so don’t toss it out there like it means anything special.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Can you say this again so every idiot fan that’s on here complaining will see it? Some folks are out of touch with reality.
Did you forget we were FAVORED in two of those, had leads or a tie at half and blew it second half, and tried to blow it against Auburn.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Why do you expect more? Our efforts towards athletics reflect the results.
I hate losing as much as anyone, but I’m also a realist. Outside of Vandy, we have the smallest recruiting budget in the SEC. Yet some fans think we should be a recruiting powerhouse.
We are getting out of it what we put in.
Again, two of those losses we were favored in, had a lead or tie at half, and totally schitt the bed and collapsed 2nd half. We schitt the bed again against Auburn but pulled one out of our arse w/ a FG after Auburn blew their chance. We see how bad KY is now, sympathizers just going to say but its only year 3, we had injured RBs, the Covid year doesn't count, our schedule, blah blah blah.

Aspire to be better, never accept mediocrity because its comfortable. Larry Templeton is proud of all of you that accept it

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Did you forget we were FAVORED in two of those, had leads or a tie at half and blew it second half, and tried to blow it against Auburn.
And? I watched them all. I got a certain amount of entertainment out of it. Got frustrated at parts of them as well. Guess what, I’m still alive and I didn’t lose any sleep or money over any of it.

Fact is that 3 losses came to top 8 teams and 2 officiating crews. The other came on the road to a RB who had a career night because the defense couldn’t stop him.

Too many people act like this is life or death. Unless you wear a jersey on the field or sidelines, wear a headset on the sidelines or in the coaching booth, or are holding a clipboard on the sidelines or in the coaching booth, you’re a fan and your purpose is to be entertained. If you’re not entertained, watch something else.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
We are sitting about where most people thought we would be. We knew we would lose to ga and bama--Thought we would beat LSU and lose to A&M --but we flipped that.. Why would we ever think we would beat LSU at Home--(but for the muffed punt and holding call on KO return we might have) 99% of the D1 schools would have lost to LSu-GA and Bama--no excuse for losing to KY other than it was on the road. But -hell fire--let's win the next 2 and the bowl game and have a 9 win season.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
And? I watched them all. I got a certain amount of entertainment out of it. Got frustrated at parts of them as well. Guess what, I’m still alive and I didn’t lose any sleep or money over any of it.

Fact is that 3 losses came to top 8 teams and 2 officiating crews. The other came on the road to a RB who had a career night because the defense couldn’t stop him.

Too many people act like this is life or death. Unless you wear a jersey on the field or sidelines, wear a headset on the sidelines or in the coaching booth, or are holding a clipboard on the sidelines or in the coaching booth, you’re a fan and your purpose is to be entertained. If you’re not entertained, watch something else.
Guess you better shut down this board Gene, I mean DS. Apparently if we're not happy w/ results, we aren't supposed to discuss it (that sounds almost like communism). Anybody know where there's a good sunshine pumping, Unicorn fart smelling and rainbow w/ a pot of gold website out there to discuss football?

• Haha
Reactions: Coast_Dawg

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Again, two of those losses we were favored in, had a lead or tie at half, and totally schitt the bed and collapsed 2nd half. We schitt the bed again against Auburn but pulled one out of our arse w/ a FG after Auburn blew their chance. We see how bad KY is now, sympathizers just going to say but its only year 3, we had injured RBs, the Covid year doesn't count, our schedule, blah blah blah.

Aspire to be better, never accept mediocrity because its comfortable. Larry Templeton is proud of all of you that accept it
Accepting mediocrity and knowing where you stand are two different things. The Leach staff success outstrips the support given to them compared to the rest of the conference. Leach has been average while Ole Miss looks pretty good and that’s the great sin. Mullen averaged a losing conference record but he beat Ole Miss a lot and that bought him time to build one really good team that also **** the bed when it came down to it.
Plan on doubling the staff salary if you want a serious upgrade to a coaching staff with pedigree and even then they probably wouldn’t come here. I bet Kiffin wouldn’t come here and he hasn’t even achieved that much. We can’t even keep a mediocre AD with all the ties they could want to Mississippi State.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login