Calvin Ridley out - suspended for 2022 season for betting

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Saw reporting that he bet on Falcons games. If so, YEP, that'll do it.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Ridley said he bet $1,500 total and that "I don't have a gambling problem."
I've got news. If you bet on NFL games knowing it could cost you your career, you most definitely do have a gambling problem.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Pete Rose dislikes this ruling

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Slight difference in circumstances:

Sports Illustrated reports Rose has ties to baseball betting. Chris Beyersdoerfer, Michael Fry, Thomas Gioiosa and Paul Janszen are identified as either having taken bets from Rose or having knowledge of them. The seriousness of these allegations is that Baseball has a regulation posted in every major league clubhouse that players, coaches and managers are prohibited from betting on games. Anyone found guilty is subject to a lifetime ban.

The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer reports that a man listed in court documents by the code name "G-1" and identified by sources as Rose bet between $8,000 and $16,000 daily on baseball games in 1987.

Peters told federal investigators he took bets over a period of two years from Rose that could exceed $1 million.

Rose placed bets on baseball games, some involving the Reds.

Rose was still playing up until mid-August 1986. He was the player-manager, and he played a lot. You are saying that Rose bet on Reds games when he was a player. Dowd nods that yes, this is exactly what he is saying.

Here's the whole article/timeline. Pete Rose was an awesome player, I admired him as a kid growing up then and loved watching him play. But the law is the law and he deserved everything he got

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp.../10/timeline-pete-rose-investigation/6247593/

patdog

May 28, 2007
Exactly. Anyone defending Rose is just intentionally ignoring the evidence.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login