Cam and his momma

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Take the mommas to Charlotte.

With two and a half minutes left in the first half of Mississippi State’s stunning upset over Tennessee in the SEC Tournament quarterfinals, Cam Matthews added insult to injury. After reeling in a backdoor pass, the 6-foot-7 senior soared over the Volunteers, delivering a thunderous tomahawk dunk.

Matthews’ teammates weren’t the only ones losing their minds. Immediately after Matthews’ dunk, the broadcast cut to Matthews’ mom in the crowd. She turned toward opposing fans, arms open wide, bouncing with excitement.

After the game, Matthews commented on his mom’s electric reaction.

“Same old, same old,” Matthews said with a smile. “She’s very supportive even since I was a baby playing football, tee-ball. She’s been the same person my whole life. Feel like it would be kind of weird if she weren’t right there yelling and screaming. Really appreciate it, love her. But don’t show her this stuff.”

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
I love watching Hubb's Dad pace like a nervous, expectant father. Dude's awesome. I laugh when he separates himself from the rest of the family because he's getting too keyed up.

I don’t bring chairs to any of my sons soccer games I can’t sit while he’s playing

He’s 6 and a slightly above average athlete
I may be a crazy person

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I don’t bring chairs to any of my sons soccer games I can’t sit while he’s playing

I may be a crazy person
I could never sit during my kids' soccer games either. I'd pace and try not to yell. It's ok.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013

With two and a half minutes left in the first half of Mississippi State’s stunning upset over Tennessee in the SEC Tournament quarterfinals, Cam Matthews added insult to injury. After reeling in a backdoor pass, the 6-foot-7 senior soared over the Volunteers, delivering a thunderous tomahawk dunk.

Matthews’ teammates weren’t the only ones losing their minds. Immediately after Matthews’ dunk, the broadcast cut to Matthews’ mom in the crowd. She turned toward opposing fans, arms open wide, bouncing with excitement.

“Same old, same old,” Matthews said with a smile. “She’s very supportive even since I was a baby playing football, tee-ball. She’s been the same person my whole life. Feel like it would be kind of weird if she weren’t right there yelling and screaming. Really appreciate it, love her. But don’t show her this stuff.”

Fellar in the sweater vest behind Cam's mom doesn't know what to think.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

One of the strongest most aggressive moves I've ever seen. Dude hit his dunk arm pretty hard and he still was able to ram it through. I've been frustrated with his free throw shooting this year but never his effort and he loves State!

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Pars

Oct 11, 2015

I may be a crazy person

2 goals for my man last night in the season finale
Second one I looked like Bruce Pearl pacing onto the other side of the field following the action

now onto baseball practice tonight where I’ll probably have a left field lounge of one if I don’t get called in for a base coach

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login