Cam back for unprecedented 8th season

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
How exactly is he getting a 5th year, by the way? Seems to me he played in 21, 22, 23 and 24. Am I missing something?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
He didn't play in 20, did he? The year that was cancelled. Even if he did, he's played his 4 years after that.

Maybe they gave another year in 21, hell if I know.
19-20 counts in Winter sports. 20-21 doesn’t. I don’t really understand why but that’s the year they gave kids for free

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
He didn't play in 20, did he? The year that was cancelled. Even if he did, he's played his 4 years after that.

Maybe they gave another year in 21, hell if I know.
If he was on the team and redshirted I think he gets that year. You get 5 years to play.

Turfdoc992

Oct 3, 2022
If you recall 19-20 was the year with a full season but no tournaments. 20-21 was the season played in gyms with limited attendance. Different schools had different COVID rules. Some schools had to cancel/reschedule games due to not having enough players.
The fist round of COVID vaccines came out in Feb 2021. We were grappling with COVID in indoor spaces.

That was the year MSU at 15-14 made NIT and went to the final. DJ Jefferies played for Memphis that season. That whole NIT was played at Frisco, TX.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Sorry if Germans
Germany Beer GIF by SVT

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
If you recall 19-20 was the year with a full season but no tournaments. 20-21 was the season played in gyms with limited attendance. Different schools had different COVID rules. Some schools had to cancel/reschedule games due to not having enough players.
The fist round of COVID vaccines came out in Feb 2021. We were grappling with COVID in indoor spaces.

That was the year MSU at 15-14 made NIT and went to the final. DJ Jefferies played for Memphis that season. That whole NIT was played at Frisco, TX.

This is correct. I think (emphasis on think) that after next year all the extra COVID year stuff will be behind everyone for the most part. I’m sure there will be someone that’s a weird exception but we are getting close to the point now where nearly everyone on campus started their freshman year during or after fall 2021/spring 2022.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Austin Williams says check back after you've qualified for a PERS pension as a student athlete.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Jim Ellis was young and could pronounce "sixth" when Cam first arrived at State.
I loved hearing Jack Crystal describe Austin's three yard receptions on third and four. Jim Ellis (or whoever the sideline reporter was back in the day) always gave some insightful commentary like, "he sure was Jack, he sure was."

Turfdoc992

Oct 3, 2022
This is correct. I think (emphasis on think) that after next year all the extra COVID year stuff will be behind everyone for the most part. I’m sure there will be someone that’s a weird exception but we are getting close to the point now where nearly everyone on campus started their freshman year during or after fall 2021/spring 2022.
Probably will be some medical redshirts that might bleed into 26-26 but this should be it. I am not sure how this has affected the classes coming in in 2021 and later, Players that have sat behind waiting for these players to move on and burning up their eligibility. Probably forced some players to the portal.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I loved hearing Jack Crystal describe Austin's three yard receptions on third and four. Jim Ellis (or whoever the sideline reporter was back in the day) always gave some insightful commentary like, "he sure was Jack, he sure was."
Sorry, the sideline reporter was Jim Carrero (spelling ?), IIRC. I haven't listened to a State Football radio broadcast since the late 1900s/early 2000s (when virtually every game was on TV).

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
He was on the team my first year at state…. And I was in 6th grade Harper’s senior year in high school.
Harper went to Prep school for 2 years before MSU, the story was we placed him at a prep school & then didn't have a scholarship available for him so we sent him back then he redshirted & may have gotten a medical redshirt also. He was at least 7 maybe 8 years out of high school before exhausting he collegiate eligibility.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login