Cam Matthews player comparison

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I’m still waiting for Cam to put someone on a Walmart poster or milk carton, one of the two.

working on a player comp for him….Dominique Wilkins, ish….lil shorter

Who y’all got

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Draymond Green...only the good parts.
I know he is unpopular around here, but hear me out.

- heart of the team.
- gritty/effort style of play.
- not good from 3 with many bad misses, then make a few perfectly.
- lunchpail player.
- hard defender.
- can run the fast break and handle the ball in press.
- good at creating offense/scoring opportunities for others.
- pretty much same height and weight.
- can use strength to overpower wing defenders.

^ only the good stuff. He doesn't seem to have any of Green's antics or mouth.

Again, not a popular comp, but also not inaccurate.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
MSU has been chasing a “Brandon Vincent like” role player for 20 years. It’s time we update that to be a “Brandon Vincent or Cam Matthews” like player, because he belongs in the same breath.
Dare I say you listened to Charlie on OOB?

ll Martain ll

Oct 5, 2014
He's like a smaller guard version of Ben Wallace but with better ball skills. Elite level basketball IQ and defensive instincts.

Reactions: Lettuce

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
To me, he is the glue that holds all the pieces together and makes things function correctly. When he's not on the court and the other 4 starters are, you can tell a drop off in intensity. I also like his Don King hairstyle!

1677662284972.png

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Brandon Vincent was a great bulldog, living in Bham now. His son is a great athlete too, I hope we are crootin him. 11U n stuff
Makes me think of him getting picked up at his home by Limo and boards a private jet for Vegas then makes some hoop appearances and schit. Wine and Dine the Man Like the Bulldog Bad A$$ He Is and make him feel like a King. Maybe a half time shout out at The Hump. We should do nice things like that then we might have more nice things.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
As a spurs fan, reminds me a little of an early Kawhi Leonard - when they still had the big 3 and he wasn’t the main offensive threat. Played smothering defense and hustled his *** off, was ridiculously athletic. He may have been overshadowed by the other guys but you could tell he was the difference maker.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
He's a better Cam Matthews than he was last year. He plays tough and out works everyone on the floor. Very inspiring young man

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
I’m still waiting for Cam to put someone on a Walmart poster or milk carton, one of the two.

Who y’all got
David "Bumper" Domingue..... but with skills.

ETA: I still remember the time he set a screen on Cory Beck (I think) of UPig. Beck bounced about 10 foot backwards and left the game with a broke collar bone.

Last edited:

rockydawg1013

Sep 22, 2014
It gets lost in the athleticism but he seems to be an excellent sport on the court. I’m forever seeing him help opposing players up off the mat.

Reactions: mstateglfr

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012

Who y’all got

As his offense has improved, he's reminded me more and more of Charles Rhodes.

I've always thought he had a motor like the great Winsome Frazier, probably my all time favorite player.

He knows how to finish a game cause he ain't scared of much apparently.

his skills are just getting better.

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
As his offense has improved, he's reminded me more and more of Charles Rhodes.

I've always thought he had a motor like the great Winsome Frazier, probably my all time favorite player.

He knows how to finish a game cause he ain't scared of much apparently.

his skills are just getting better.
Similar yes but Cam plays strong all game. If I remember correctly Rhodes had a sweet fade away and didn't bang for rebounds

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login