Cameras

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
ESPN cameras suck. When they have no competition, why do they need to upgrade to 4K?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Only thing worse than the cameras is the sideline reporter’s voice. Eeesh.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
If you can watch the highlights of our game along with other game highlights, you’ll see how awful these cameras are.

Reactions: ntzdog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I think I read somewhere that there are only so many 4k units that ESPN has. People in Miss and Ark mostly have CRT televisions so most won't notice.

Its ESPN. If by “only so many 4K units” you mean “zero”, then yes you’d be correct. Them not having 4K cameras isn’t the problem though…..I don’t even think the press box camera of Neil and Deuce was even 720P. That or they had some jackass with no AV training whatsoever setting it up.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If Disney can take you picture going 60 in the dark and it comes out clear, I feel like an hd picture for a football game shouldn't be hard but the camera crew snd cameras last two weeks have been ****. AD that deals with the tv crap needs to look in to it.

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
I used to always have sub-par picture during football games, but i was using streaming tv services and thought it was due to that. We moved out to the country (which means no internet) and got DirecTV and I’ve noticed it just as bad this year. ESPN broadcasts dont even appear to be HD to me. Even the primetime games that one would expect to have their best, dont look great. Its very noticeable on Sunday when I’m flipping between multiple games on multiple networks.

side note: Have any of y’all ever noticed that the OTA networks have a ****** picture when watched through a cable/ satellite service? They’ll be 4k with rabbit ears but worse than standard HD with a service. I’ve always wondered the reason for this.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login