Campaign flyers

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I've read about the Hoseman and McDaniel flyers and gotten quite a few here in Madison myself but the flyers and door to door visits I've gotten the most of is for Constable. What am I missing here ? The Constable must pull down some serious coin cause these ole boys are spending some money and busting their a$$e$ campaigning.

Reactions: LocalBeachBum

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I've read about the Hoseman and McDaniel flyers and gotten quite a few here in Madison myself but the flyers and door to door visits I've gotten the most of is for Constable. What am I missing here ? The Constable must pull down some serious coin cause these ole boys are spending some money and busting their a$$e$ campaigning.
Constables are fee based. They make $ for every f’n summons or writ or subpoena or other court paperwork that emanates out of justice court. Three or four years ago, the legislature upped the fees payable to many fee based officials, including constables. While constables have to pay out of pocket for most of their work related accoutrements (vehicle, gun, badge, etc), they have the ability, in the larger counties, to pull down well over $100,000 annually. And, of course, they get full PERS participation with the county having to chip in the employer portion (even though constables are not true county employees). Plus the MFers are allowed to privately serve process on the side and charge whatever the 17 they want. I use one frequently for my process.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Long live “taco”

Aug 23, 2012
Long live “taco”
The Sheriff and Tax Collector used to have a similar arrangement. They got to collect taxes and got the taxes for their work to staff the office, provide deputy's salary and autos. and run/mainitain the jail. It was a very lucritive job. The Sheriff was the highest paid county office holder. All tags were renewed in October of each year. The sheriff could bring in additional help for the time to renew tags and run the office with much less overhead for salaries Whatever was left over was the sheriff's salary

Reactions: LocalBeachBum

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
supposedly in Miss if you pay someone's property tax, they have to pay you back with interest. If they don't pay you back by a certain period of time you get to keep the land. My stepdad was looking into investing money and looked into it. He was not sure how it all worked so I advised him not to do it because he did not fully understand it. It did sound like a safe investment.

CoastTrash

Aug 22, 2012
with how mad people get about politics, you’d think we have lots of competitive races.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
McDaniel knows a lot about hate
Yeah, and so does the other guy.
One simple question, why would we keep voting for the 17ers that have not done anything to get Mississippi out of the 50 out of 50 spot we are always in? Seriously, what are out leadership doing to move Mississippi to at least as good as 1/2 of the states?

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Surprised Greenbean hasn't given an update on the flyer count and what the current lean is at this point. Last thread got locked before I could report matching the flyer count but also receiving 3 door visits in 2 weeks as well!
I've noticed over the past couple of weeks an interesting "flyer evolution" from a nice picture of the family and 3 vague "beliefs" from a variety of candidates to a growing number of the other guy is a low down dirty rotten scoundrel. Gloves are coming off, the heck with that running on your record and what you'll actually do going forward stuff.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
One simple question, why would we keep voting for the 17ers that have not done anything to get Mississippi out of the 50 out of 50 spot we are always in?
The list of candidates that we get is very weak in most every election. I can't remember the last time I was impressed by any statewide candidate. They are all in it for personal gain instead of public service and you can't convince me otherwise.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
One simple question, why would we keep voting for the 17ers that have not done anything to get Mississippi out of the 50 out of 50 spot we are always in? Seriously, what are out leadership doing to move Mississippi to at least as good as 1/2 of the states?
Are we still 50 out of 50? Most rankings I see now don't have us dead last except in healthcare, and we're in that 45-48 range overall. May not be much but we've got to start somewhere

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Surprised Greenbean hasn't given an update on the flyer count and what the current lean is at this point. Last thread got locked before I could report matching the flyer count but also receiving 3 door visits in 2 weeks as well!
I've noticed over the past couple of weeks an interesting "flyer evolution" from a nice picture of the family and 3 vague "beliefs" from a variety of candidates to a growing number of the other guy is a low down dirty rotten scoundrel. Gloves are coming off, the heck with that running on your record and what you'll actually do going forward stuff.
I've gotten at least two more Delbert mailers since then, so I'm voting McDaniel. Which is pissing me off since I don't vote!

I don't think I've gotten a mailer from a candidate not named Delbert.

Last edited:
Reactions: 60sdog

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
supposedly in Miss if you pay someone's property tax, they have to pay you back with interest. If they don't pay you back by a certain period of time you get to keep the land. My stepdad was looking into investing money and looked into it. He was not sure how it all worked so I advised him not to do it because he did not fully understand it. It did sound like a safe investment.
Ahhh yes, the annual tax sale we former newspaper publishers loved to publish every August. The person owing tax on the land has 3 years to pay the deficit. If you buy the tax owed, you are paid 18% interest if the landowner pays the deficit in time. If not, you own the parcel.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Another effing mailer from Delbert, I'm 100% voting for McDaniel now. Does anyone know when this f'ing election is and where I vote?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
After a hard day on the road, I came home to two more Delbert mailers last night.

Does he think McDaniel is a legit threat? I don't think so, but I am voting for McDaniel purely out of spite.

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
Constables are fee based. They make $ for every f’n summons or writ or subpoena or other court paperwork that emanates out of justice court. Three or four years ago, the legislature upped the fees payable to many fee based officials, including constables. While constables have to pay out of pocket for most of their work related accoutrements (vehicle, gun, badge, etc), they have the ability, in the larger counties, to pull down well over $100,000 annually. And, of course, they get full PERS participation with the county having to chip in the employer portion (even though constables are not true county employees). Plus the MFers are allowed to privately serve process on the side and charge whatever the 17 they want. I use one frequently for my process.
I was told from a creditable source, many years ago, some constables in Madison County pulled down $200k+ annually.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
After a hard day on the road, I came home to two more Delbert mailers last night.

Does he think McDaniel is a legit threat? I don't think so, but I am voting for McDaniel purely out of spite.
Do you get this upset about every piece of mail you get?

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
A Desoto County podcast interviewed Hoseman and McDaniel in July.
After listening the choice is clear to me.

Search for "The Boardroom Podcast."

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
A Desoto County podcast interviewed Hoseman and McDaniel in July.
After listening the choice is clear to me.

Search for "The Boardroom Podcast."
I've already made my choice, McDaniel all the way. I hope Delbert losses by one vote, I'll rub it in his face that I was the deciding factor and his bombardment of my mailbox was the difference.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login