Campbell and Peterson

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I know Arnett was named the head coach but every time they show the sideline Campbell and Brad are both on sidelines feeding information. Was that the plan is to have Campbell the well known D2 and south Alabama coach and Peterson helping the young new head coach run his program during game? Don't believe it's that common place to have the high school relations director and former high school relations director that involved in game plan and in game analysis. Maybe it's just me. Maybe analyst like that are typically in the booth. I'm just surprised they are both always on sideline right next to arnett talking to him.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I know Arnett was named the head coach but every time they show the sideline Campbell and Brad are both on sidelines feeding information. Was that the plan is to have Campbell the well known D2 and south Alabama coach and Peterson helping the young new head coach run his program during game? Don't believe it's that common place to have the high school relations director and former high school relations director that involved in game plan and in game analysis. Maybe it's just me. Maybe analyst like that are typically in the booth. I'm just surprised they are both always on sideline right next to arnett talking to him.
I believe Campbell is in charge of analytics.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I can see the analytics guy giving information when needed , but how does that explain Peterson Chirping in Arnetts ear literally ever 60-90 seconds the whole game, screaming and finger pointing ? Is he coaching the team ?

I can’t imagine another SEC head coach tolerating that. That’s a bad look

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If they are they are breaking NCAA rules. You are limited to the number of coaches. If they are doing that they are acting as a coach.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Not to be all conspiracy theory and all but Peterson coached with a certain QBs Dad. Could that explain the personnel issue?

I know I’d hate to lose a 3 million dollar job because I’m forced to listen to a subordinate tell me what to do.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Not to be all conspiracy theory and all but Peterson coached with a certain QBs Dad. Could that explain the personnel issue?

I know I’d hate to lose a 3 million dollar job because I’m forced to listen to a subordinate tell me what to do.
I do think that's been part of the plan. Peterson was like the chief of staff on hiring most of our assistant. I think bracky and a keenum said we will hire s young coach but put all these guys who have been around by him to guide him. Campbell has been around a while and Peterson has good ms connections. They tried to restablish recruiting in ms. Not sure if it's working, but it seems both are next arnett most of the game or at least Campbell is. I nothing against Campbell. I just noticed it watching last two games on tv

Reactions: knock him out john
Nov 25, 2019
I do think that's been part of the plan. Peterson was like the chief of staff on hiring most of our assistant. I think bracky and a keenum said we will hire s young coach but put all these guys who have been around by him to guide him. Campbell has been around a while and Peterson has good ms connections. They tried to restablish recruiting in ms. Not sure if it's working, but it seems both are next arnett most of the game or at least Campbell is. I nothing against Campbell. I just noticed it watching last two games on tv
very noticeable Saturday night.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I wonder if, going forward, a Joey McGuire approach might be the way for us? Get all these MS guys together and try to do some analytical things. I mean that's not far off from what Mullen did, so I still think we have to have a talented guy in the head spot, and no idea who that would be. I still say Malzahn, and he's into analytics.

I personally don't think Campbell and Peterson are detrimental. They may be, though, I don't pretend to know.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
I wonder if, going forward, a Joey McGuire approach might be the way for us? Get all these MS guys together and try to do some analytical things. I mean that's not far off from what Mullen did, so I still think we have to have a talented guy in the head spot, and no idea who that would be. I still say Malzahn, and he's into analytics.

I personally don't think Campbell and Peterson are detrimental. They may be, though, I don't pretend to know.
Joey McGuire is a terrible coach

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
At this point after the pattern I want an experienced coach who knows what the sec is like and knows offense. Patrino, Malzahn, Mullen.

Those guys fit the mold of Jackie, Mullen , and leach. Yes mullen wasnt head coach but he was offensive coordinator on two national championship teams and had been with Meyer along time to know how to build a successful program.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
At this point after the pattern I want an experienced coach who knows what the sec is like and knows offense. Patrino, Malzahn, Mullen.

Those guys fit the mold of Jackie, Mullen , and leach. Yes mullen wasnt head coach but he was offensive coordinator on two national championship teams and had been with Meyer along time to know how to build a successful program.
Well, in the case of Mullen, he does now, he didn't back when he was hired. But it doesn't matter, that was Byrne, he knew what type of candidate he wanted and he knew who was ready. Mullen had been an OC for like a decade for 3 programs and learned under the best. So the point is the same, Mullen was the real deal. There was no wondering when he was hired, he just went out and made moves.

I wonder about Petrino, he's 62 now. Malzahn is the perfect age at 57. I think Leach was 59, so that was a little iffy. Saban was about 55 when Bama hired him. Good age to get an experienced guy who likely is at his last stop. Remember, King Jackie was 47 when we got him (due to his baggage obviously) and we had to consistently fend off job offers there too when he was about 8-9 years in. I would imagine Mullen would get the wandering eye as well if he ever came back, whether it's NFL or college.

Back to Petrino, ehh. After Louisville, not sure I want that. That demise was awful. Think he may be about tapped out right now as an OC. And I'm still not convince that aTm is as good as people are saying.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login