Can our bats stay hot?

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
So many times when a team scores a ton of runs we see them struggle to score the next day. Hopefully, last night will carry over and our hitters will continue pounding the ball. Tulane is way better than they played yesterday. Win today and we sweep, IMO.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Part of that is at some point the opponent stops using the top half of their staff. But I loved seeing Kellum get the green light on 3-0 last night. Hopefully last night is what we needed mentally regardless.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Hard to really care at this point. I know we have to just move on, next man up, etc. But just DAMNIT.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
That’s one of the best parts about winning the national championship. The pressure on the program is lifted. The pressure on the coaches and their job security is lifted. They can coach and make decisions with the long-game in mind. It’s not about one game. Or one year’s national seed chase. It’s simply, “I need Kellum Clark to get going to get where I want to go this season. So I’m going to roll the dice and try to make it happen, even if it costs me right here and now.”

Part of that is at some point the opponent stops using the top half of their staff. But I loved seeing Kellum get the green light on 3-0 last night. Hopefully last night is what we needed mentally regardless.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
That’s one of the best parts about winning the national championship. The pressure on the program is lifted. The pressure on the coaches and their job security is lifted. They can coach and make decisions with the long-game in mind. It’s not about one game. Or one year’s national seed chase. It’s simply, “I need Kellum Clark to get going to get where I want to go this season. So I’m going to roll the dice and try to make it happen, even if it costs me right here and now.”
Agreed. This season was always on Hancock, Tanner, James and Sims. Secondarily you have Cumbest, Leggett, Skinner, Simmons, Hunt, Johnson, Stinnett, Tullar, maybe even Yeagar and Walling. Those transfers didn't come here for depth, they came to start, like Dubrule. Now we are without Sims, so somebody else of those guys have to step up and lead. This is their team. The young guys will be up and down, we know that.

Next year and beyond, it'll be on Smith, Fristoe, Clark, Forsythe and the freshmen. And we will find out what type of program builder Lemonis really is. We already know he's a good coach, and truth be known I still think he'll get us in a regional, even without Sims.

The Sims stuff sucks, no question. But this team was always sort of a crap shoot, depending on leadership. We've had great leadership for going on 6 years before this season.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I certainly don't know much about the Tulane pitching staff, and maybe they just threw some lower tier relievers when the game started to get out of hand, but I was glad to see that we were able to hit pretty much anybody they threw out there last night. They threw 7 pitchers, and only one was able to get through a clean inning and give up less than 2 runs overall.

Like you said, we'll see today whether this carries over or not, but last night sure felt like the spark that our offense sorely needed to break out of its funk

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Well ddog, early signs are pointing to yes! Grand slam LT!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login