Can we get the Lane to TAMU rumor going??

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Can we get this going for our entertainment since our football team blows?

Let them squirm like we had to every November with Mullen. Who knows, they may go double his contract again.

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020

Let them squirm like we had to every November with Mullen. Who knows, they may go double his contract again.
Actually it's not out of the realm of possibilities. AM would attract Lane. Hugh budget for NIL and recruiting. He's a good coach. Would be a good hire.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Lane will be unstoppable at Tam. And I would think he would be their first choice after they call Urban

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007

Lane is not a fit there. His ego couldn’t handle being associated with that group of weirdos. Stricklin could do us a favor though.

Having said that, Ole Miss is a good but not great football team. I really don’t think they’re any better than last year’s 8-5 team. The SEC is just bad, and they’re taking advantage.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Lane is not a fit there. His ego couldn’t handle being associated with that group of weirdos. Stricklin could do us a favor though.

Having said that, Ole Miss is a good but not great football team. I really don’t think they’re any better than last year’s 8-5 team. The SEC is just bad, and they’re taking advantage.
I agree. I've been saying it all year that their defense is garbage. The schedule set up for them with LSU and A&M at home and Bama and UGA on the road. Switch those sites and they are 6-4 right now.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
That's even more reason for Lane to strike while the iron is hot. Get that money plus better players. A&M talent is as good as Bama and Georgia.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007

Lane is a little weird though. Doubt it would bother him as long as he was getting his players.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Actually it's not out of the realm of possibilities. AM would attract Lane. Hugh budget for NIL and recruiting. He's a good coach. Would be a good hire.
I think Lane would leave for a Big 4 job in the SEC. Bama, LSU, UF, UGA. Beyond that, I think he stays put. A&M is about on level with OM or Auburn (who he already turned down). Doesn’t make much sense beyond the money aspect.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Lane is a little weird though. Doubt it would bother him as long as he was getting his players.
Agree that Lane is weird, but he seems to like places that feel like a fraternity party or a beach party. A&M feels more like the Nazi party

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Thammel says Kiffin is number 1 on their list.
@PeteThamel

Early list of potential names for Texas A&M, knowing money is no object: Lane Kiffin, Mike Elko, Mike Norvell, Dan Lanning, Jeff Traylor, Chris Klieman, Kliff Kingsbury and Kalen DeBoer.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Could you imagine Lane coming in for that interview? They'd have to send out memos to everyone involved that just say "no weird shіt until the ink is dry on his signature".

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Thammel says Kiffin is number 1 on their list.
@PeteThamel

Early list of potential names for Texas A&M, knowing money is no object: Lane Kiffin, Mike Elko, Mike Norvell, Dan Lanning, Jeff Traylor, Chris Klieman, Kliff Kingsbury and Kalen DeBoer.
Dabo seems a little ornery at Clemson and he'd eat up that culty ********. He's got to be up there on their target list.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login