Can we talk about the onside kick

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Was that intentionally or was he squibbing it and nailed the guy on accident? I'm leaning towards accident since there's no way you believe he can hit that guy on purpose.
Weirdest game I've see in a while.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Was that intentionally or was he squibbing it and nailed the guy on accident? I'm leaning towards accident since there's no way you believe he can hit that guy on purpose.
Kind of an accident. I think it was a squib kicked at that guy. You kind of hope that might happen, but not exactly something you expected to happen exactly the way it did.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
I think it's the kind of thing kickers practice and get the green light to do. Either you miss the guy and it's a squib kick, you get a funky bounce up and down field, or it bounces off him where your team has the best shot at recovery.

The main reason it can only be used as a surprise is that if the other team is ready for it they can easily recover or let it go down field.

Oct 31, 2014
You've seen our guys attempt field goals this year, and you think there's ANY chance he hit that guy between the numbers on purpose??

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
The only thing intentional was the player they chose to kick it right at.

Reactions: LocalBeachBum

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I think it was a lucky break. We kicked with too much force for it to have been an onsides…. But I’ll sure as hell take it.

Cadillac’s punk *** deserved every bit of it. Auburn is the laughingstock of the college football right now. Leach got lucky as h3ll that he was coaching against this clown tonight.

I’m happy to have won. But, this was an abomination of a football game.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I think it was a lucky break. We kicked with too much force for it to have been an onsides…. But I’ll sure as hell take it.

Cadillac’s punk *** deserved every bit of it. Auburn is the laughingstock of the college football right now. Leach got lucky as h3ll that he was coaching against this clown tonight.

I’m happy to have won. But, this was an abomination of a football game.
Actually I think most of college football will react the way I did when I saw the two interviews with Caddy. I felt sorry for him. He was thrown in to the deep end way over his head . He was in no way ready for what Auburn did to him. He obviously loves Auburn, and he is one of their best ever. They intentionally threw one of their greatest players under the bus. Yet ANOTHER reason to dislike Auburn.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Actually I think most of college football will react the way I did when I saw the two interviews with Caddy. I felt sorry for him. He was thrown in to the deep end way over his head . He was in no way ready for what Auburn did to him. He obviously loves Auburn, and he is one of their best ever. They intentionally threw one of their greatest players under the bus. Yet ANOTHER reason to dislike Auburn.

He almost beat a team that was favored by 2 TDs on their home field.

How can you feel sorry for him??

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
The entire game went exactly as planned, even letting the wildcat nearly beat us again.**

Reactions: BigDawg0074

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Actually I think most of college football will react the way I did when I saw the two interviews with Caddy. I felt sorry for him. He was thrown in to the deep end way over his head .
No coach in existence could have been ready for that. What Caddy did was lead by example in getting his team to believe they could win the game. I'd say he did an outstanding job of that.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
usually bounces like that don't go our way and usually games turning into **** shows with momentum shifting every 10 minutes don't go our way. I am actually feeling pretty good. They worked through all their brain farts and won. A lot of teams come out of bye week and lay eggs. They get to go home and that first week of practice is light trying to get them rested up. Seems like State always struggle coming out of bye going back to Mullen.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

kired

Aug 22, 2008
When’s the last time we recovered an onside kick? Did Mullen ever have a successful one? Then we pull off that one somewhat unintentionally last night, lol

Reactions: onewoof
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login