Can we talk about the portal?

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I know everyone thinks the sky is falling, but be honest with yourself. If you were a talented football player and endured the shiiiteshow that just happened with state, would you want to stick around? Especially if LSU or Bama comes along offering money? All I am saying is players leaving state via the portal right now actually makes a hell of a lot of sense. Now if we start winning with consistent coaching staffs and everybody bolts? Yeah, the sky is falling. Maybe we all just need to back away from the collective edge and see how this plays out over the next several years.

Reactions: LimaoCabeca

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I don't think the sky is falling at all. I am very optimistic. I was pretty disgusted with our last staff but i.think we are making progress now. I think in a couple years we might be rolling pretty good. I expect to be bowl eligible next year and in 25 who knows. Maybe 9 wins ? Of course by game 4 next year my bubble may be burst.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
I don't think the sky is falling at all. I am very optimistic. I was pretty disgusted with our last staff but i.think we are making progress now. I think in a couple years we might be rolling pretty good. I expect to be bowl eligible next year and in 25 who knows. Maybe 9 wins ? Of course by game 4 next year my bubble may be burst.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
I think a lot of players USE the Portal as leverage, especially in situations like ours.
They don't know what will happen next, and considering all options available.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Mostly agree. But 6-6 next year may be a bit of a stretch. It could be really ugly.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think a lot of players USE the Portal as leverage, especially in situations like ours.
They don't know what will happen next, and considering all options available.
Problem is, most of our players have little leverage right now.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
if your wife told you that she was leaving you for the better looking guy, with more money and a bigger house..... I would not blame her.

You may enjoy be being single in a few years.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
if your wife told you that she was leaving you for the better looking guy, with more money and a bigger house..... I would not blame her.

You may enjoy be being single in a few years.
If I became a homeless alcoholic I wouldn’t blame her. That’s pretty much what our football program did last year

Reactions: 85Bears

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Yeah, all we have to do is start winning, while losing our best players! It’s so simple! Can’t believe we hadn’t thought of that already!

Reactions: 85Bears

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
We have some guys who have a bad taste and will not be back. We have some guys who will be processed. We have some guys who will be picked up for about what they would have gotten at State and a few who will get less just to move on and play somewhere else and some may return to State. 26 seniors and 15-18 transfers is a darn big hit on a roster.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
I know everyone thinks the sky is falling, but be honest with yourself. If you were a talented football player and endured the shiiiteshow that just happened with state, would you want to stick around? Especially if LSU or Bama comes along offering money? All I am saying is players leaving state via the portal right now actually makes a hell of a lot of sense. Now if we start winning with consistent coaching staffs and everybody bolts? Yeah, the sky is falling. Maybe we all just need to back away from the collective edge and see how this plays out over the next several years.
Im certainly not on any edge. Zavion didn't earn his money. We aren't gonna miss him. Losoya is probably the biggest blow bc we need all we can get with experience up front. Other than that, oh yeah Will, who is transferring that played any role on the team. Also we sucked bad. Who cares if a few people leave. Its mostly people who haven't touched the field or just sucked.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Im certainly not on any edge. Zavion didn't earn his money. We aren't gonna miss him. Losoya is probably the biggest blow bc we need all we can get with experience up front. Other than that, oh yeah Will, who is transferring that played any role on the team. Also we sucked bad. Who cares if a few people leave. Its mostly people who haven't touched the field or just sucked.
If Lasoya is the biggest loss, we haven't lost much. Zavion is the only one we'll really miss. That's assuming we bring in a few more transfer OL.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login