Cardinals

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I know there were cardinals threads just a few days ago but someone is losing their job here soon if this continues right?

I was not expecting a World Series this year but damn a lot of returning players from a team that won 93 games last year. We are 4 days into May and playoff spot feels like an extreme long shot.

I know it’s easy to blame the front office and they deserve some blame but the talent on the team is much better than last place in the national league.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
I know there were cardinals threads just a few days ago but someone is losing their job here soon if this continues right?

I was not expecting a World Series this year but damn a lot of returning players from a team that won 93 games last year. We are 4 days into May and playoff spot feels like an extreme long shot.

I know it’s easy to blame the front office and they deserve some blame but the talent on the team is much better than last place in the national league.
It’s AnheuserBusch’s fault. They brought the bad karma.

I also think Marmol sucks. He’s a tinkerer. Pulling Helsley last night after he got 4 outs on 10 pitches was dumb as hell. Why?

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
I can’t remember the last time when Cardinal fans booed their players but it happened last night in the 9th inning when they blew a lead. Lots a boo birds.
They’ve been awful lately losing 9 of last 10. Really un-Cardinal like!

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
Thank you, ronpolk, for another invitation to bash the ineptness of the front office starting with the bowtie wearing idiot. He's too buried in the analytics to even look up and see the crap he's running out there every day. This regime cannot evaluate nor develop talent. All they perpetuate is launch angle. Whenever they get lucky enough to draft decent players, they mess 'em up and trade them away where they become productive (i.e. Alcantra, Gallen, Arozarena, Garcia, Oviedo...). He continues to hold on to dead weight like Dejong, O'neill, Carlson.

Marmol is just a puppet, doing what Moron wants him to do. And Marmol isn't without fault. His day to day in game managing is awful. He has no clue what he's doing. The only reason he's still on the payroll is because he was Moron's hand picked guy.

The writing was on the wall before the season started when Matt Holliday, who accepted a position as bench coach at the end of last season, suddenly resigned in January without working a day. He claimed that he wanted to spend more time with family, but in reality, he wanted no part of what the Idiot was selling. According to the media, they don't come any nicer than Holliday and he knew how to hit. He could have been a huge asset in the dugout.

Nothing will change until people quit showing up to the ballpark. If they get 3 million this year, it'll be status quo. And he's under contract for 2 more years.

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
****** coach, ****** front office. Everyone got a good look at Marmol's ineptitude last year. He's not the biggest problem though

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Thank you, ronpolk, for another invitation to bash the ineptness of the front office starting with the bowtie wearing idiot. He's too buried in the analytics to even look up and see the crap he's running out there every day. This regime cannot evaluate nor develop talent. All they perpetuate is launch angle. Whenever they get lucky enough to draft decent players, they mess 'em up and trade them away where they become productive (i.e. Alcantra, Gallen, Arozarena, Garcia, Oviedo...). He continues to hold on to dead weight like Dejong, O'neill, Carlson.

Marmol is just a puppet, doing what Moron wants him to do. And Marmol isn't without fault. His day to day in game managing is awful. He has no clue what he's doing. The only reason he's still on the payroll is because he was Moron's hand picked guy.

The writing was on the wall before the season started when Matt Holliday, who accepted a position as bench coach at the end of last season, suddenly resigned in January without working a day. He claimed that he wanted to spend more time with family, but in reality, he wanted no part of what the Idiot was selling. According to the media, they don't come any nicer than Holliday and he knew how to hit. He could have been a huge asset in the dugout.

Nothing will change until people quit showing up to the ballpark. If they get 3 million this year, it'll be status quo. And he's under contract for 2 more years.
^^^Bowtie hater

Reactions: olblue

snoopdog

Mar 25, 2008
They just made the decision to call up a catcher from Memphis and put their big free agent catcher signee, Contreras, to DH and OF. This is the biggest clusterf**k I believe I have ever seen in MLB. Not only does Marmol need to go, Mozeliak and Girsch do to.

Reactions: AlCoDog

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
They just made the decision to call up a catcher from Memphis and put their big free agent catcher signee, Contreras, to DH and OF. This is the biggest clusterf**k I believe I have ever seen in MLB. Not only does Marmol need to go, Mozeliak and Girsch do to.
Mr Rogers Clown GIF

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
Agreed the 90 wins was fools gold but this is still not a last place team in terms of talent
Sadly, talent wise it is. Carlson sux, Dejong sux, Motter sux, O’Neill sux and is as soft as baby poo, Donavon is not an everyday player nor is Edman. Burleson, Gorman, and Yepez can’t play the field, the starting pitching staff has 1 starter with an ERA under 6, and the bullpen incudes hicks, naile (who no other team wanted), Gallegos, verhagen, Cabrera.

I’d like to kick Mozeliak in the teeth. He’s an idiot who has no business running an MLB franchise. He’s the worst front office guy in baseball. He should understand sunk costs by now based on all his idiotic moves over the past 10 years. But he must have cut classes and gone bow tie shopping and missed those lectures. He’s an incompetent, bow tie wearing douche who rode the coattails of luhnow til he left for Houston.

Reactions: AlCoDog

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Hate to bump but… they’ve gotten hot since this thread ended. Won 7 of 8, last two by combined score of 27-2. Keep this up and they’ll be right back in it.

I was in Pitt last week so watched their games vs Rockies, and also kept up with them vs Baltimore. Other than two fantastic games by Keller, they looked terrible. I think they’re going to sink towards the bottom soon

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Hate to bump but… they’ve gotten hot since this thread ended. Won 7 of 8, last two by combined score of 27-2. Keep this up and they’ll be right back in it.

I was in Pitt last week so watched their games vs Rockies, and also kept up with them vs Baltimore. Other than two fantastic games by Keller, they looked terrible. I think they’re going to sink towards the bottom soon
No doubt… hopefully it keeps up. Arenado finally hitting really helps this team. With the way Gorman and Noot are hitting this season, when Arenado is right 1-5 in this order can be as good as anyone in baseball.

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
The RedBirds have regained their hitting & relief pitching wings and are flying high now. They’re fun to watch again.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login