Carolina opens at -4 vs UConn. ***

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
I hope we win. But, even if we don't, coming close to winning a 2nd national championship will be quite an accomplishment. We have won national championships in both baseball and women's basketball in the past 10 years. And the SEC is VERY good in baseball and women's basketball. So, I don't want to hear from any Carolina fan whine that we can't be nationally relevant in the other sports. Yes, I'm looking at you, football and men's basketball.

CockofEarle

Jan 31, 2022
I'm seeing some fan tentativeness now that the moment is upon us. We're #1 and we've been #1 and there will be no tomorrow. It's time to do this. In fact, it's past time to get that second title.
The only thing our posters know, “tentativeness”…….esp when it comes to women😂

Prestonite

Feb 1, 2022
How can that be? Gamecocks blew them off the court earlier this year
I'm looking for UCONN to collapse on Boston in the middle and make us win it from the perimeter. Hoping we are on our A game from the outside to loosen things up for Boston.

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
This is the National Championship. We're the #1 seed overall playing the team that knocked off the defending champs. I wouldn't have been surprised if the spread was closer. I think we'll win if we play well but it won't be easy

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
This is the National Championship. We're the #1 seed overall playing the team that knocked off the defending champs. I wouldn't have been surprised if the spread was closer. I think we'll win if we play well but it won't be easy
We'll have to hit from the outside, I think. UConn is going to cave in on Boston if they can.

Spinal Tap

Jan 22, 2022
Things have stayed pretty static on the betting lines. Not any real changes. Most at -4, a couple at -4.5 and an outlier at -3.5.

Tells me there hasn't been any big jump by bettors on one side or the other. And sports books are bunched up at O/U of 126 or 125.

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
We'll have to hit from the outside, I think. UConn is going to cave in on Boston if they can.
Yes that has been the strategy for most teams. The other thing UCONN will need to be careful with, they are thin at the post and both of their bigs are foul prone. If we can hit on the outside shots early and/or they get in foul trouble Boston will feast.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Yes that has been the strategy for most teams. The other thing UCONN will need to be careful with, they are thin at the post and both of their bigs are foul prone. If we can hit on the outside shots early and/or they get in foul trouble Boston will feast.
I hope so. If she "feasts", we win.

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Gamecocks jumped out huge in the 1st quarter, out-scoring Connecticut 22-8. It reminded me of the 2-pt. 1st Qtr. the Gamecocks held the Huskies to in CLA in 19-20. But the big issue especially when it comes to offense, is can the Gamecocks maintain it. The Huskies came back in the 2nd Qtr., out-scoring the Gamecocks 19-13 to recover some of that deficit. The Gamecocks still lead 35-27 at the halftime break.

Just 20 minutes to go....

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Game has gotten tight - the Gamecocks opened the 2nd half as hot as they opened the game, but only out-scored Connecticut 11-10 in the end, and head into the 4th quarter leading 46-37. The final quarter will be nail-biting.......

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Great for the school; great for the team; great for the coach; great for those fans who are especially invested in women's basketball. I'm happy for all of them. My felicitations to several people on this board who follow the sport assiduously and are possessed of exceptional knowledge about the women's game. You know who you are.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login