Cat brought a squirrel in the house, kinda

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
I guess technically i let it in but at 3 am I heard something in the garage so I opened the door and the cat had been "playing" with it. It is now in a hollow area between two cabinets about 8 feet down and I can't reach it. Any ideas, new house so shooting it probably not an option.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
I guess technically i let it in but at 3 am I heard something in the garage so I opened the door and the cat had been "playing" with it. It is now in a hollow area between two cabinets about 8 feet down and I can't reach it. Any ideas, new house so shooting it probably not an option.
I’m pretty sure if you would leave the garage door open and the cat away, the problem may fix itself.

if it can’t climb out because of the cabinets, just drop a mop handle or something down.

Reactions: MSUDawgs247

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
christmas vacation GIF

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
I have used moth balls to rid my attic of a pesky racoon, maybe it'll work on a squirrel.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
If he can’t get out, leave him to die. The cat probably mortally wounded it. Fish him out later with a treble hook on a fishing rod. FYI rat shot won’t ricochet too much.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
squirrel is gone! i wedged a cup under the cabinet where the hole was and fastened a string to a metal coffee can and dropped it down in the opening and rattled it around. squirrel went into cup and stayed there and I was able to put it back outdoors.

Now, does anyone know have a small child I can lower down in the space to retrieve a metal coffee can?

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
If he can’t get out, leave him to die. The cat probably mortally wounded it. Fish him out later with a treble hook on a fishing rod. FYI rat shot won’t ricochet too much.
I actually thought of each of those things. Glad i was able to get it out alive though.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
squirrel is gone! i wedged a cup under the cabinet where the hole was and fastened a string to a metal coffee can and dropped it down in the opening and rattled it around. squirrel went into cup and stayed there and I was able to put it back outdoors.

Now, does anyone know have a small child I can lower down in the space to retrieve a metal coffee can?

It puts the coffee can in the bucket.

• Haha
Reactions: Augustus McCrae

Augustus McCrae

Aug 25, 2012
I have seen the tenacity with which a squirrel can attack a bird feeder. I want no part of an angry tenacious squirrel.

Reactions: onewoof
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login