CDM tweet from earlier. Thoughts?

BulldawgFan

Oct 7, 2013
Just congratulations to a previous colleague, he did work with the guy for a while?
It seems calculated to do it on such a public forum as opposed to a text. He knows he’s wanted back by a large portion of our fanbase.

Seems like he’s sending a signal since he included @hailstatefb as opposed to only including @coachgregknox. Or he could just want attention. Seems too calculated to just be a simple congratulations.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It seems calculated to do it on such a public forum as opposed to a text. He knows he’s wanted back by a large portion of our fanbase.

Seems like he’s sending a signal since he included @hailstatefb as opposed to only including @coachgregknox. Or he could just want attention. Seems too calculated to just be a simple congratulations.
You’re way overthinking this.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Good grief. I imagine the guy looks back on his time here fondly now. He also worked with Knox for a good while. Again, I don't get treating Mullen like an ex-wife. It's a business. As such it's in our interest if he talks well of his time here: he does have a rather large platform now. Y'all need to lay off.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008

It’s over. That old girlfriend that dumped you doesn’t want you back. Your in the friend zone now and she just wishes you the best.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
It's a business, not a romantic relationship. That analogy is so far from reality in the coaching business it isn't even funny.
Of course it’s not a romantic relationship. It’s exactly what you said it was, an analogy. So surely you know the definition of “analogy”.

Reactions: Chesusdog

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
I wouldn't read into it.

I just think it's Mullen giving public recognition to a buddy. That's all

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Of course it’s not a romantic relationship. It’s exactly what you said it was, an analogy. So surely you know the definition of “analogy”.
Well, there are good analogies and bad ones. Treating coaches like ex-wives is a bad one. Here is a better one: You own a business and had an employee that made your business thrive. The employee left for another job and your business took a dive because of it. Now you might have a chance to get that employee back. Do you explore that possibility?

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
It's just a bad analogy. I've left jobs and my former employers always said I was welcome to come back. A girlfriend never really told me that on a break up.

Reactions: BulldawgFan

olblue

Mar 11, 2018

Think About It GIF by Identity

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
The employee left for another job and your business took a dive because of it. Now you might have a chance to get that employee back. Do you explore that possibility?
I understand what you’re saying, but that’s not really an analogy at all. That’s just basically what happened. Haha.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Again, I don't think there is much interest from either side right now. But the emotional ex-wife stuff is just stupid. It's a business.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I understand what you’re saying, but that’s not really an analogy at all. That’s just basically what happened. Haha.
Yep, the employee left for another job and our business has taken a dive. Not a huge one, yet, but a dive for sure: if he is interested, and I doubt he is, at least talk to him.

Reactions: Air Raid

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Yep, the employee left for another job and our business has taken a dive. Not a huge one, yet, but a dive for sure: if he is interested, and I doubt he is, at least talk to him.
And he would be on my list to call. Not my first call, but probably 4th or so. I think he just enjoys being the smartest guy in the room/studio for now. Worth a call if it gets to that point, though.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Well, there are good analogies and bad ones. Treating coaches like ex-wives is a bad one. Here is a better one: You own a business and had an employee that made your business thrive. The employee left for another job and your business took a dive because of it. Now you might have a chance to get that employee back. Do you explore that possibility?
A better analogy:

Said employee who built up your sales was constantly looking for a job opp at your competitors. Every year his 4Q sales tanked because he was more focused on getting another job rather than doing the job you paid him for.

He finally gets that job offer, bolts and takes his (your) clients with him. After a few years away, his production at the competitor sucks, and he is fired. Now he comes to your office saying you were his favorite all along and he wants to come back.

How can you trust this guy? You know his history with you showed he lost interest at your company & near the end of every Q4 was constantly lobbying for a "better job", so much so that his sales #'s tanked. He made it clear time & again he didn't consider you worthy of his talent.

Do you really want to go through that BS again? Do you consider, now that he blew it at your competitor does he even have the kind of motivation he had before to give "relentless effort" every year...every game all the way to the end? Do you think, well he's just willing to settle for us now because he thinks he can put it in cruise control, have mostly good sales, but never great, and figures you & your company will be fine with that, with less than his best effort and commitment?

Maybe you believe you can do better with another sales guy killing it elsewhere who has not shown the "checking out" at the end of each year tendency your former sales guy did again and again.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Idk if he is dropping a bread crumb trail of redemption or not but that ship sailed. If he is, it's sad. He'd be like an ex who realized maybe things weren't so bad with the boring stability he'd grown used to, and he's trying to return after seeking another relationship that wasn't all he though it would be. Move on, buddy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login