Cerantola sighting

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Crazy when these guys get developed and good things happen

I mean let’s not get crazy. He’s in Year 3 of the minors and hasn’t even made it out of A-ball yet. ERA in A-ball for previous 2 years was 5.00 and 5.38. Foxhall had his issues, but Cerantola was always a guy with tools but no refinement that should have just skipped college and gotten his real development clock started right away. Nobody was going to turn him into an SEC pitcher in a couple of fall camps.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

It had to be terrifying to bat against him while he was here. Standing there looking at him from the batters box knowing he was about to send a small hard projectile 100+MPH ideally w/in a foot or so of you but just generally at you but not even he knew where it would actually end up.
He had a start against MS Valley St his freshman year where he couldn't guarantee you he could hit the side of the Hump w/ a baseball from the entry doors. He got the start that night and recorded 1 out (yes one out against MVSU) before being pulled. He walked one, then he hit 3 batters, gave up 3 runs and finally mercifully Lemonis got up off the bucket and pulled him. Worst pitching performance I think I've ever seen here

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It had to be terrifying to bat against him while he was here. Standing there looking at him from the batters box knowing he was about to send a small hard projectile 100+MPH ideally w/in a foot or so of you but just generally at you but not even he knew where it would actually end up.
He had a start against MS Valley St his freshman year where he couldn't guarantee you he could hit the side of the Hump w/ a baseball from the entry doors. He got the start that night and recorded 1 out (yes one out against MVSU) before being pulled. He walked one, then he hit 3 batters, gave up 3 runs and finally mercifully Lemonis got up off the bucket and pulled him. Worst pitching performance I think I've ever seen here

Yep. Here you go. Legend stuff right here:
1692117872600.png

Wasn't Cerantola the one that Lemonis said in an interview something like "Some people aren't going to want to hear this, but I'm going to keep putting him out there because his stuff is just too good."

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012

Charlie Sheen Baseball GIF by Comedy Central

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Yep. Here you go. Legend stuff right here:
View attachment 385548

Wasn't Cerantola the one that Lemonis said in an interview something like "Some people aren't going to want to hear this, but I'm going to keep putting him out there because his stuff is just too good."

Except he only threw 48 total innings in 3 years, never more than 17 innings in a season, and didn’t even make the travel roster for the CWS in 2021. So he really didn’t keep putting him out there.

Some other relevant stats - his BB/9 for his career at MSU was 6.1. His BB/9 just this year in A+ ball is 6.3. Still seems to be very much the same player with the same struggles. But he did have at least a good week and 8 good innings, so maybe the light bulb is finally coming on for him. Who knows.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Except he only threw 48 total innings in 3 years, never more than 17 innings in a season, and didn’t even make the travel roster for the CWS in 2021. So he really didn’t keep putting him out there.

Some other relevant stats - his BB/9 for his career at MSU was 6.1. His BB/9 just this year in A+ ball is 6.3. Still seems to be very much the same player with the same struggles. But he did have at least a good week and 8 good innings, so maybe the light bulb is finally coming on for him. Who knows.

you have to record outs to get credit for innings pitched. 😂

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login