Chad Ramey thread got me thinking, things have never been better for MSU.....

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We may finally have a big time golfer (maybe, hopefully), been a long time coming, we've needed a golf brand name for a while.

We have Hardy, he's only growing in popularity.

Our president so highly thought of that he's the chair of the CFB Playoff committee.

We have Ross Dellenger and Brandon Walker, a couple of MSU guys in good places in the media.

How many NFL and MLB guys now, representing us on TV shamelessly, winning Super Bowls?

We have a national title (finally).

We have an athletic director eager to make a name for himself.

The Golden Triangle and Starkville is growing like crazy. And contrary to what the morons say, the state has done some things recently to make it more attractive to business. And Jackson has put itself on display for the whole country, so it literally CAN'T get worse. It HAS to get better with the state and feds now involved so surely better days are ahead. Ya'll been to the Coast lately? It's awesome.

And we are playing in the NCAA tournament next week.

There's your Friday positivity.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
We may finally have a big time golfer (maybe, hopefully), been a long time coming, we've needed a golf brand name for a while.

We have Hardy, he's only growing in popularity.

Our president so highly thought of that he's the chair of the CFB Playoff committee.

We have Ross Dellenger and Brandon Walker, a couple of MSU guys in good places in the media.

How many NFL and MLB guys now, representing us on TV shamelessly, winning Super Bowls?

We have a national title (finally).

We have an athletic director eager to make a name for himself.

The Golden Triangle and Starkville is growing like crazy. And contrary to what the morons say, the state has done some things recently to make it more attractive to business. And Jackson has put itself on display for the whole country, so it literally CAN'T get worse. It HAS to get better with the state and feds now involved so surely better days are ahead. Ya'll been to the Coast lately? It's awesome.

And we are playing in the NCAA tournament next week.

There's your Friday positivity.

AND IM HERE TO REMIND YOU THAT

WE ARE M &TATE

News Stop GIF

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Great post and I agree with all besides the Jackson piece. I really believe the Golden Triangle may be on the verge of a boom and could really boost MSU in fan attendance in the future.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Well, we have the stadium. And a relatively new Hump.
Our "relatively new" hump will still be behind most of the other arenas in conference. We should've just built something new. But beyond that, I agree with the positive vibes.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I would also add to the positivity train that we have a great young football coaching staff, imo. Obviously not the way we wanted it to happen, but I think CL would be of the mindset of time to move on with it. Everything I read about Arnett, Barbay, and the rest seems to be encouraging. Obviously we will not know until the rubber meets the SEC West but I am excited. Maybe I am totally wrong and they do not have enough experience to make it work but again ya'll I am excited about CA.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Bay St. Louis (#47), Laurel (#25), Oxford (#22), and Ocean Springs (#18) coming in hot on Southern Living's list of top 50 small towns in the south.

BuT mIsSiSsIpPi SuCkS

Hattiesburg doing well, as are the Memphis burbs. Jackson suburbs are doing well too. It ain't a bad day to be for MSU or live in Mississippi. And people are starting to notice.

Need us some of them conservative California folks to move here, and some of that's already started. Might get some more now that mother nature is pounding them even more, after COVID and wildfires.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Bay St. Louis (#47), Laurel (#25), Oxford (#22), and Ocean Springs (#18) coming in hot on Southern Living's list of top 50 small towns in the south.

BuT mIsSiSsIpPi SuCkS

Laurel will plummet when Home Town is off the air.

The idea of Laurel being cool is inexplicable.

(I can say this-- I was born in Laurel)

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

BuT mIsSiSsIpPi SuCkS

Hattiesburg doing well, as are the Memphis burbs. Jackson suburbs are doing well too. It ain't a bad day to be for MSU or live in Mississippi. And people are starting to notice.

Need us some of them conservative California folks to move here, and some of that's already started. Might get some more now that mother nature is pounding them even more, after COVID and wildfires.
If we can just get rid of this BS state income tax.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login