Check out Ohio State's 4 Star Safety Croot. Think he Deserved to be ejected?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
It would have been legal when Ronnie Lott played. It’s just a different game now because people can’t pretend that’s not causing or likely to cause long term damage to the player.

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Just start playing flag football.

No I don't think he should have but in today's football you can barely touch anyone.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Everything's fine unless you are the guy lying on the field. Then it's your momma crying at your hospital bed.

Reactions: johnson86-1

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Not understanding since it was not helmet to helmet. Looked like shoulder pad to shoulder pad to me.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Looks bad, but that would be one that I totally agree would need review in slow motion on the college level. If it is indeed helmet to helmet, eject his a$$. On the high school level? I think you have no choice but to eject him. I get the “flag football” comments, but to ignore the scientifically proven effects of concussions and to act like we should let teenage kids who don’t have the body control of college and pro athletes try to knock other kids with similar body control’s heads off makes no sense to me.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Looks bad, but that would be one that I totally agree would need review in slow motion on the college level. If it is indeed helmet to helmet, eject his a$$. On the high school level? I think you have no choice but to eject him. I get the “flag football” comments, but to ignore the scientifically proven effects of concussions and to act like we should let teenage kids who don’t have the body control of college and pro athletes try to knock other kids with similar body control’s heads off makes no sense to me.
Some people would rather see football eventual go away than evolve from how it was back in “my day”. As to that video, it’s hard to tell if he hit the guy in the helmet. I’d imagine at least part of his ejection was due to the fact that he’s celebrating this big hit while the other guy is clearly laid on the field hurt.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Some people would rather see football eventual go away than evolve from how it was back in “my day”. As to that video, it’s hard to tell if he hit the guy in the helmet. I’d imagine at least part of his ejection was due to the fact that he’s celebrating this big hit while the other guy is clearly laid on the field hurt.
I think at that age level, you throw the penalty regardless just because you don't want to encourage kids to tee off on defenseless players. I get that it's not "real" football anymore when you do that, but I'm fine with that.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Well said. I’m as frustrated as most fans about the over the top protection of NFL QBs, but I don’t get some of the comments in this thread.

These are not 240 lb Pros in the video. They’re mostly 16-17 year old kids that are the same age as the kids of a lot of posters on this board, and that hit had zero intent of doing anything other than knocking the receiver into another dimension. Sorry, I just don’t see any place for that on a HS football field

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Not understanding since it was not helmet to helmet. Looked like shoulder pad to shoulder pad to me.
This goes back to my comment in the targeting thread. In college this should be targeting because it’s a hit to head / neck are of a defenseless player. Has nothing to do with helmet contact. But lots of people will say it’s not targeting because there wasn’t helmet to helmet contact.
I have no clue what rule applies in high school.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
Football is a vicious game. I don’t see why he should be ejected. If msu hit a Bama player like that I would be pissed it was called targeting

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login