Chiefs DE Suspended for Having Guns in His Vehicle

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
He was stupid to be driving without plates on his vehicle but I'm assuming one of the weapons was an AR-15 because of CA's "Assault Weapon" law. Considering standard semi-auto hunting rifles are just as lethal as AR-15's, I say this is BS. I don't know the complete story here but I'm thinkin' maybe he and a buddy just went somewhere out in the country to do some shootin'. He wasn't gang bangin' or out to hurt anyone and caused no one any harm. This seems to be the same sentence the NFL would dish out if he had targeted a player with clear intent to injure. Pure Politics by the NFL if you ask me and suspending him on this has no basis in logic and is 100% symbolic.

Last edited:

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
He was stupid to be driving without plates on his vehicle but I'm assuming one of the weapons was an AR-15 because of CA's "Assault Weapon" law. Considering standard semi-auto hunting rifles are just as lethal as AR-15's, I say this is BS. I don't know the complete story here but I'm thinkin' maybe he and a buddy just went somewhere out in the country to do some shootin'. He wasn't gang bangin' or out to hurt anyone and caused no one any harm. This seems to be the same sentence the NFL would dish out if he had targeted a player with clear intent to injure. Pure Politics by the NFL if you ask me and suspending him on this has no basis in logic and is 100% symbolic.
Who Cares Seth Meyers GIF by Saturday Night Live

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I hate there is no uniform reciprocity statute. A driver's license issued to me in MS is recognized across all 50 states the same as a marriage license. But I could be legally carrying a weapon on me or my vehicle and perfectly legal until I cross a line on a map and then I'm a criminal. Just odd to me that two privileges (marrying and driving) are recognized nationwide, but a Constitutional right is not.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
It was actually an Uzi and his second offense in less than a year. He was also previously arrested in college for stealing a laptop and on domestic abuse charges which I think disqualifies you from ever owning any guns in most states if convicted.

I'm completely okay with this guy never being allowed to touch a gun again without being put behind bars for a decade and kicked out of the NFL forever.

From his arrest in 2014:

The brothers said they saw Clark hitting their sister and one said Clark had her against a wall, grabbing her by the throat, picking her off the ground and slamming her down.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...11/17/frank-clark-michigan-football/19157491/

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/oklaho...le-book-and-ruin-a-texas-tech-onside-kick-202

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I hate there is no uniform reciprocity statute. A driver's license issued to me in MS is recognized across all 50 states the same as a marriage license. But I could be legally carrying a weapon on me or my vehicle and perfectly legal until I cross a line on a map and then I'm a criminal. Just odd to me that two privileges (marrying and driving) are recognized nationwide, but a Constitutional right is not.
There are reciprocity states with gun laws, but you better educate yourself before traveling with guns.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
There are reciprocity states with gun laws, but you better educate yourself before traveling with guns.
That's the problem. Some states recognize your permit, but not others and those states change all the time. That is why I think it should be uniform across the US.

Reactions: bolddogge

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
It was actually an Uzi and his second offense in less than a year. He was also previously arrested in college for stealing a laptop and on domestic abuse charges which I think disqualifies you from ever owning any guns in most states if convicted.

I'm completely okay with this guy never being allowed to touch a gun again without being put behind bars for a decade and kicked out of the NFL forever.

From his arrest in 2014:

The brothers said they saw Clark hitting their sister and one said Clark had her against a wall, grabbing her by the throat, picking her off the ground and slamming her down.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...11/17/frank-clark-michigan-football/19157491/

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/oklaho...le-book-and-ruin-a-texas-tech-onside-kick-202
If he did this to a woman, then he should have done time. If the gun was fully automatic, it would have been more than a misdemeanor. Unless he's committed a crime with a gun, he shouldn't be stripped of his 2A Rights. But I also believe anyone who commits a crime with a gun should do SERIOUS time. But I'm also thinking I prolly should not have started this thread as I may have done so too hastily.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
That's the problem. Some states recognize your permit, but not others and those states change all the time. That is why I think it should be uniform across the US.

Am I reading this correctly? A gun rights advocate requesting MORE federal intervention into gun laws? That’s certainly a new one.

Reactions: Hot Rock

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Allowing freedom of movement is not more intervention. It's govt getting the Bell out of your way and letting people enjoy a constitutional right if they do choose.

I guess I just see it as one of those “be careful what you wish for” sort of things. Any federal policy regarding interstate transport is far more likely to be restrictive than permissive for most types of firearms. Hunting rifles and such maybe not so much, but everything else would potentially be highly regulated. As much of a PITA as it is to keep up with reciprocity laws, I think most gun advocates would prefer the current status quo with state level enforcement only over an unknown federal policy. I don’t really have an opinion on it either way as far as which is right vs. wrong, just how I would see it going down.

Reactions: Ghostman

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
The proposal I've seen that I like is that anybody that is licensed in one state cannot be subject to anything more than a misdemeanor in other states simply for possessing or transporting a gun in a way that they would be allowed to in their home state.

I'd be fine with doing something similar for weed possession if that made the politics easier.

Reactions: Ghostman

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I normally travel out West every year to hunt. Now days with various States having so many different gun laws it’s hard to keep up unless you do a detailed search on every State you will be driving through. I haven’t been stopped for anything so I don’t know if I will ever have any problems but I put my rifle in a hard case and lock it. Ammo is packed separately. Seems to me that should be appropriate in most any State.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The proposal I've seen that I like is that anybody that is licensed in one state cannot be subject to anything more than a misdemeanor in other states simply for possessing or transporting a gun in a way that they would be allowed to in their home state.

I'd be fine with doing something similar for weed possession if that made the politics easier.
National regulation by "race-to-the-bottom" incentives to the states is a really bad idea.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
USCCA got an app to help keep firearms owners informed on all states and reciprocity.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login