Chin up fellas

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
There is a professional team that is 9-26 and lost a game yesterday while throwing a no hitter. Bottom of the 8th, no outs bases loaded fielders choice that allowed the one run to score. Cincinnati Reds.

If games lasted only 7 innings we would be hosting again this year 😊

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
I might feel better if this were happening to the defending World Champions.

(Actually, I wouldn't, since I like the Braves, but still.)

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I'm thinking that maybe some of the National Championship shirts and hats may go on sale. Great time to stock up.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
17-that, too. I am going to be there for all three games this weekend, wearing my natty shirts til they smell rancid, pulling for these kids, although I reserve the right to hiss rudely at Fristoe.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
If games lasted only 7 innings we would be hosting again this year 

If a frog had wings ...

We've known how many innings are in a game for years. All teams play by the same rules. (Not an attack against onewoof)

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
And they don’t even get credit for the no-hitter, since an official no-hitter has to be complete 9 innings and the Pirates didn’t bat in the bottom of the 9th.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
If a frog had wings ...

We've known how many innings are in a game for years. All teams play by the same rules. (Not an attack against onewoof)

No offense taken and that was the tone of that point. The change in our pitching and bullpen from last year to this year is quite drastic. Other teams we are playing this year still have several of their older experienced guys. We don't.

Coaches have to put the best 9 guys out there and also develop players. The transfers will continue to be a big part of the game. I'm guessing in the future about 1/3 of the teams each year eventually will be new guys coming in and older guys and tough luck guys transferring out.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
tough luck guys transferring out

That's what bothers me about the portal, really have to do your due dilligence on players looking to go elsewhere. Are they good and just didn't have a chance where they were or do they suck and are looking to suck somewhere else?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login