Chinese spy balloon shot down …

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Over SC.
We should have shot that MF down the minute we knew about it.
17 those slant eyed bastards !
Finally, someone with balls the size of raisins made the decision to shoot it down after the damage was done. The US has to respond and respond in a manner that will get their attention. I have ZERO confidence sleepy Joe will do a thing.

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
Why when over the open ocean is a better place?

China already has spy satellites flying over every day that do the job of spying much better than a balloon they cant control.

It may be something nefarious ( i think its just a weather balloon) but it's not a spy balloon. It would be a good way to explode an EMP in the upper atmosphere. But they could do that with a rocket.

It is pretty embarrassing for the Chinese who don't like to be embarrassed. I'd hate to be a weatherman in China right now for sure.

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
It was shot down over the Atlantic and should have been shot down in AK. After 3000 miles of Chi-Com Dick, We get a Reach Around.
Still stupid. I understand that Alaska is big but I'm sure the Canadians didn't want it possibly landing in their country either.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
With our high altitude planes and drones I'll bet we have a ton good pictures of this thing while still in flight. I believe we knew exactly what it was way before we shot it. Notice: I did not say I knew what it was .

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Besides it is easier to track down and recover over water. You guys are not thinking clearly if you believe it should have been shot down esrlier.
Yeah well the so called TV experts are saying recovery in the ocean is going to be difficult and may not yield much at all.

Edited: Now saying it was shot down 6 miles off shore and in shallow waters.

Last edited:

WestDawg

Aug 24, 2012
That was no “weather balloon”. If any of you are believing that story, you have never been around that type of tech. I haven’t either BUT I have family that are and have been for 20 years. It is NOT a weather balloon. It was definitely something in the manner of nefarious nature. And more are on the way to both the US and Australia and supposedly South America. Odd how that weather balloon was able to steer against the jet stream while it was literally holding itself in place while over our fields of intercontinental ballistic nuclear missiles at Malstrom for a couple days and THEN take the most direct course across the middle of the country. People in places high up are freaking out. We got caught with our pants down, and this admInistration is too scared to do anything - at least from what we can see.
for those who think it’s stupid for the Chinese to do something like this to spy on us - that spy ballon probably cost several hundred grand, sucked up every telecom traffic for thousands of miles, took in depth pics and video for days of the same locations that satellites couldn’t do, and made Maseru a look extremely weak on the world stage for an entire week….this little stunt just put us behind the 8 ball with a lot of countries in the Indo Pacific AND South America who have been sitting on the fence about their relationship with the US and it’s current administration….both world regions where china has been flexing a lot of money and political pressure as well as militarily in the pacific realm.

WestDawg

Aug 24, 2012
With our high altitude planes and drones I'll bet we have a ton good pictures of this thing while still in flight. I believe we knew exactly what it was way before we shot it. Notice: I did not say I knew what it was .
Sad thing I just was told was NORAD lost the darn thing as it entered Canadian airspace not long after they picked it up. A commercial pilot saw it hours later and called it in because it didn’t look like any weather balloon he had ever seen

Reactions: GloryDawg

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
That was no “weather balloon”. If any of you are believing that story, you have never been around that type of tech. I haven’t either BUT I have family that are and have been for 20 years. It is NOT a weather balloon. It was definitely something in the manner of nefarious nature. And more are on the way to both the US and Australia and supposedly South America. Odd how that weather balloon was able to steer against the jet stream while it was literally holding itself in place while over our fields of intercontinental ballistic nuclear missiles at Malstrom for a couple days and THEN take the most direct course across the middle of the country. People in places high up are freaking out. We got caught with our pants down, and this admInistration is too scared to do anything - at least from what we can see.
for those who think it’s stupid for the Chinese to do something like this to spy on us - that spy ballon probably cost several hundred grand, sucked up every telecom traffic for thousands of miles, took in depth pics and video for days of the same locations that satellites couldn’t do, and made Maseru a look extremely weak on the world stage for an entire week….this little stunt just put us behind the 8 ball with a lot of countries in the Indo Pacific AND South America who have been sitting on the fence about their relationship with the US and it’s current administration….both world regions where china has been flexing a lot of money and political pressure as well as militarily in the pacific realm.
Saying this is just as easy as me saying we jammed it before it could gather anything of significance. Neither of us know. But common sense tells us if there were a possibility of this thing gathering intel we'd have vaporized it before it even made it to Alaska. I know sleepy joe is easy to hate on but speculating the worst assumes dozens, if not hundreds, of people made an active decision to just let China gather as much info as they desired over the course of a week. That just doesn't pass any smell test.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
We could have shot it down over Montana/Washington state. Not much of anything other than open land there.

When it was hit, the payload separated from the balloon and was in free-fall toward the ocean. Perhaps that was predicted and was deemed too risky for a large, likely heavy, hunk of metal coming down on land. Could be the Chinese rigged it to separate from the balloon when deflated or reached a certain altitude, or maybe the shot was a little too low and hit the payload/suspension lines instead of the balloon. Hard to tell, but it certainly appeared to fall rapidly away from the deflated balloon. Too bad it didn't stay attached for a relatively soft landing.

Reactions: vandaldawg

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Saying this is just as easy as me saying we jammed it before it could gather anything of significance. Neither of us know. But common sense tells us if there were a possibility of this thing gathering intel we'd have vaporized it before it even made it to Alaska. I know sleepy joe is easy to hate on but speculating the worst assumes dozens, if not hundreds, of people made an active decision to just let China gather as much info as they desired over the course of a week. That just doesn't pass any smell test.
Agree. I suspect the intelligence gathering equipment was "neutralized" early on.

Reactions: vandaldawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

I can understand the new Army wanting to make sure they did not misidentify the ballon incorrectly and use the improper pronouns, not to mention they wanted to make sure we weren't going to offend the Chinese in any way.**

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
Some of you people are just ******* morons. That's all.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
There are only two kinds of republicans. Rich ones and gullible ones.

All Trump ever did was make himself and his oligarchy richer. He never did angry about infrastructure, a wall, healthcare or almost anything he promised to do.

Only thing the republican leaders can do effectively is lie. Tell a lie often enough and people will believe you. Stop the steal!!! Right wingers have been fixing election since the Civil War. Trump even tried to rig GA election by telling them to “FIND” the votes. He sent fake delegates to DC. The man is a treasonous bastard that cheated on every wife he ever had that called those buried at Arlington a bunch of losers. Yep, real peach of man you ******** support.

Any man that won’t denounce the Neo-Nazi group, the proud boys, is a piece of **** human being. I take a man like Biden ten million times over a man like Trump.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The worst thing about these Chinese Ballon threads (outside DAWGSANDSAINTS overt racism) is that it’s given Cantdoitsal free reign to do what he’s always wanted and take whatever memes he pulled off his facebook feed and post them here.

This isn’t your personal blog, Cantdoitsal. Nobody gives a rat’s аss what you’re listening to tonight.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
The worst thing about these Chinese Ballon threads (outside DAWGSANDSAINTS overt racism) is that it’s given Cantdoitsal free reign to do what he’s always wanted and take whatever memes he pulled off his facebook feed and post them here.

This isn’t your personal blog, Cantdoitsal. Nobody gives a rat’s аss what you’re listening to tonight.
I didn't start the threads nor have control over when they're locked. The Memes I posted backed up previous thoughts of other posters. Not a big deal so quit whining and go crawl into a fetal position in your safe space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login