Chris Beard charges dismissed

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
It’s hard to prosecute a domestic violence case when the victim redacts their story.

What open jobs do you think will be interested in Beard and vice versa?

Reactions: PhredPhantom

LexSCDOG

Aug 5, 2014
still has a civil suit. But will be interesting if he sues Texas for wrongful termination

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I dunno. The whole thing still stinks to high heaven. Even in the “redaction”, the fiancee still acknowledges that all the events still happened as advertised, she just said she didn’t want prosecution and that he acted in “self defense”.

I personally don’t know of many people who would strangle or bite someone in self defense, especially if the aggressor is a much smaller person physically. You’d typically be throwing punches or kicking / elbowing or whatever you can do to actually create separation from an attacker as opposed to bringing them closer to inflict harm.

This has “private financial settlement” written all over it. Whether or not they go through with the wedding will also be interesting. I think he is going to be pretty untouchable for at least a few years.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
still has a civil suit. But will be interesting if he sues Texas for wrongful termination

Contract says simply being charged are grounds for firing with cause. He has no case there. Attorneys for the school have already confirmed they were well within grounds to fire him. They wouldn’t have acted as quickly as they did if it wasn’t air tight.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Its odd that his claim of self defense when this initially happened wasnt enough to keep charges from being filed.
If the story hasnt changed, then the same account of events that was given then is what they are operating on now.
Its wild that he tells his side, she tells her side, and he is charged. But now, nothing changes about what took place, but she agrees it was self defense, and charges are dropped. It just shouldnt be that easy to be charged in the first place, given the stated events havent changed.

I cant imagine being with someone so unhinged that we leave physical marks on each other. That has to be mentally exhausting in addition to the physical damage. What a shitshow.

I also cant imagine him recruiting my son and me sitting there thinking 'yeah, this is the guy I want to hand my kid over to lead him for the next 4-6 years'.
He should take a year away.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It just shouldnt be that easy to be charged in the first place, given the stated events havent changed.
Either this or it should be that easy to get the charges dropped when the victim recants or doesn't want to prosecute.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Who hasn’t patted a good looking woman on the butt while drunk? Some posters on here may have patted a man on the butt while drunk (not that there is anything wrong with that**)?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login