LSUlsu

Mar 3, 2008
how good of a QB is he?

IS he an SEC caliber QB?

Some of his films look very impressive

thanks

Henry Kissinger

Aug 30, 2006
a five star, army all-american lock, future pro bowler with a hummer and twelve children, yes, absolutely. and he's going to state. y'all will only get three this year. you're 17ed.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
proves that his potential is extremely high. Very high dollar coaching staffs are going out of their way to court the guy.

He plays in the highest classification against decent competition. He has good athletes surrounding him, especially at WR.

It's possible that somebody will get a 2-fer, Garrett and the wideout. I read a quote from Garrett that they might try to go together.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Reve Stobertson going all Baghdad Bob and banning people left and right for daring to suggest that Garrett is not a lock.

snoopdog

Mar 25, 2008
Bust my chops if you want. My best friend talks to Garrett's dad all of the time. He told me he had committed to State before he did. And he most recently said that Chris is going to LSU. I told my friend to tell him to enjoy 4 years on the bench at LSU, but that if I were in his shoes, I'd do the same. Take it for what it's worth. Maybe he will change his mind. I think Chris had been working recruiting players for us as well. So this will hurt in more ways than one.

lawdawg02

Jan 23, 2007
I told my friend to tell him to enjoy 4 years on the bench at LSU,

he may actually see the field at lsu sooner than he would in starkville, believe it or not. someone posted a couple of weeks ago regarding lsu's qb recruiting. take perriloux out (which he may do himself), and the talent level drops substantially. meanwhile, in starkville, we're penciling in carroll for 3 more years. could garrett beat him out? maybe. but given our staff's commitment to certain players and time required to "learn the system", garrett would be looking at a redshirt and a year as QB2 in starkville. he says he wants that, but we don't usually win recruiting battles against LSU.

i hope we keep him. and bumphis could play here VERY soon. maybe that helps us. just sayin...

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
lawdawg02 said:
I told my friend to tell him to enjoy 4 years on the bench at LSU,

he may actually see the field at lsu sooner than he would in starkville, believe it or not. someone posted a couple of weeks ago regarding lsu's qb
recruiting. take perriloux out (which he may do himself), and the talent level drops substantially. meanwhile, in starkville, we're penciling in carroll
for 3 more years. could garrett beat him out? maybe. but given our staff's commitment to certain players and time required to "learn the
system", garrett would be looking at a redshirt and a year as QB2 in starkville. he says he wants that, but we don't usually win recruiting battles
against LSU.

i hope we keep him. and bumphis could play here VERY soon. maybe that helps us. just sayin...

</p>

Exactly. I still think Garrett signs with MSU, but if he went to LSU this may be the one time a player chooses LSU over a Mississippi school due to playing time. LSU has nothing at QB outside of Perilloux, and I believe he's a junior this fall anyway. If Garrett signs there, even if Perilloux remains on the team, he'd be able to redshirt and be at worst on the same plane with everyone else to try to earn the starting job his RS freshman year. MSU on the other hand has a returning starter who will be a sophomore and probably better back ups than LSU.

saltybulldog

Nov 15, 2005
He is not a very good QB...I think he was our plan C or D

He may be Conf USA caliber. We really only offered him because his dad is a big alum.

What did you expect...who puts film out that sucks?

You are welcome.

LSUlsu

Mar 3, 2008
the reason i asked about garret is caz i had an inside info couple of days ago thta he might be committing to LSU
Anyway LSU signed a higly talented QB last year in Lee out of TX. we also recived a committment from the #3 player according to rivals Sheppard as a future QB

snoopdog

Mar 25, 2008
I read the board several times a day, but just don't post. I learn more from reading than posting.

Oct 14, 2007
Cause it's definitely broken. 99.9% of the "closet rebel" comments here are us poking fun at stupid **** like that the sheep over at gene's say when a rumor pops up or bad news is delivered by someone with "dog/dawg/etc." in their username. Might help to check the SPS Lexicon.

snoopdog

Mar 25, 2008
You're mistaken. I graduated from State in '91, go to most football games, have chairbacks for baseball, and just got through watching two games in Little Rock this weekend. The reason I only had this one original post is because, on this board, everyone tries to eat your lunch for giving an opinion. So i just read, and don't post. I'm no closet Reb, and I don't learn anything from posting. No sarcasm there. I enjoy the banter back and forth, but choose not to get involved, except this one time when I thought I might actually add something to the thread. The reason I am Snoopdog, is because I actually like his music.

Oct 14, 2007
First, learn how to reply. See the "reply" in the corner of each post? Click that "reply" in the actual post/poster you want to reply to. It's annoying as **** to see a thread screwed up because someone doesn't know how to reply.

Second, no one here is calling you a "secret rebel." Did you even bother to click the link I provided? I was trying to tell you that the original poster was being sarcastic and your "sarcasm meter" is broken and his comment went entirely over your head. It was someone poking fun at gene and the sheep, not bashing your opinion by calling you a "closet rebel" based on your "post count" like the morons over there do. Got it now? Dubmass. And before you get pissed, aGAIN I urge you check the Lexicon.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
We go from hoping we can steal recruits from Grambling, to going toe-to-toe with LSU for a QB. It sucks to lose him, but at least we are in the conversation with some of the bigger names now. Some of ya'll on here need to take a Midol and chill out.

snoopdog

Mar 25, 2008
Like i said, I don't post much, so I guess I need the pointers. Sorry about misreading your post. I know what you're talking about with Genes Page and number of posts. I rarely go over there anymore. Anyway, sorry about the misunderstanding.

clandbulldog

Mar 23, 2008
Garrett will be the next qb in line at Delta State after Blake Barnes graduates. It is not a given that Barnes will even be the starter coming out of spring practice!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login