Chris Garrett with new offer

3 and 9 record

I saw where Garrett now has an offer from Florida State. Sorry if this is old news.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
The good thing is we're recruiting players that other people actually want- well, besides Troy.

GOPdog

Jun 24, 2007
I hope to God this guy sticks with us. This kid is getting legit offers from around the southeast already and may actually live up to his hype

3 and 9 record

My understanding is that he has written offers from LSU, Florida State, MSU, Ole Miss, and Colorado. Saban has given him a verbal offer.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
I'm not too worried about it. It helps that his parents are heavily involved alumni who have brought him to games growing up.

I think he's being heavily recruitied at least partially because you just don't see a whole lot of drop back passing QB's out there nowadays.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Quote:_________________________________________________I'm not too worried about it._________________________________________________

You better be. Another season of our offense laying a turd and we may lose a lay down. This will be interesting to watch over the next year

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
to possibly be a pro prospect if he`s in the right system in college ? If he does his decision gets a bit more complicated.

J

JR

especially if Croom is your coach.
If they can find QB's out of the MAC, they sure as hell can find them in Starkville.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Quote:_________________________________________________If they can find QB's out of the MAC, they sure as hell can find them in Starkville._________________________________________________

Actually they cant because we cant recruit one due to our special ed offense. If there isnt a change in 2008, look for him to waffle in November on that commitment

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Quote:_________________________________________________If there isnt a change in 2008, look for him to waffle in November on that commitment_________________________________________________

He's a lock for MSU now.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Quote:_________________________________________________He's a lock for MSU now. _________________________________________________

I agree with you. But it isnt November yet...mark my words

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Quote:_________________________________________________I agree with you. But it isnt November yet...mark my words_________________________________________________

Now he's really a lock.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
If you had a chance to make a career of pro football would you want Woody McCorvey or Jimbo Fisher to get you ready for the next level ?

oem

Feb 23, 2008
Quote:_________________________________________________If they can find QB's out of the MAC, they sure as hell can find them in Starkville._________________________________________________

On the subject of MAC QB's in the NFL. If the Florida State's, Ohio State's, and LSU's of the world had offered them out of HS, they wouldn't have played in the MAC.

And you calling someone else a Goofball? Seriously.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
OK, first of all signing day is in February not November. Well, OK he's supposed to be an early signee, but December is still not November.

Second of all, I'm sure there's no chance that he could possibly be thinking "I can come in and play right away"- won't happen as long as Carroll does alright and stays healthy AND there's no chance that he will think the guys that suck will be gone and I won't play with them anyway, but the guys that they are recruiting are pretty good.

Honestly, we're more likely to lose him if we convert to the spread option than we are if we keep running the WCO. He's not all that mobile.

TR.sixpack

Feb 14, 2008
even if they graduate in December, like Hurst and Fitzhugh. They still had to sign a LOI on signing day even though they were enrolled at State.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
That's kind of stupid. If they're in school...why not go ahead and claim them. They aren't going anywhere.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login