Chris Jans wearing the suit today.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
I wouldn’t go that far. But maybe Paris has been able to bring in players that aren’t “veterans” and are more coachable. Hearing Coach Jans talk about it….his team is full of veterans and “they already know what to do” I didn’t like to hear that, but I guess it is what it is. It’s what he inherited. Bad vibes.

however, it was very obvious that Lamont was doing some great team coaching while Jans was conferring with assistants

Reactions: Mr. Cook

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Keeping Tolu in to play defense = Dumb
Taking Mack out on defense = Smart
Also Jans did a very poor job of substituting the whole game and we were out of gas, except Tolu I don’t think he had any gas in his tank to start with.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
We won’t be getting rid of Jans anytime soon, and I can’t imagine anybody grabbing him. But, he’s been Jekyll and Hyde from season 1 to 2. We don’t even play defense anymore, and we are soft as 17 on offense. Last year, we at least drove the lanes hard.

He’s better than Ray or Howland, but that’s really not saying much. We hand an empty upper bowl today in a must-win game on senior day. Not a great sign for Jans.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
We won’t be getting rid of Jans anytime soon, and I can’t imagine anybody grabbing him. But, he’s been Jekyll and Hyde from season 1 to 2. We don’t even play defense anymore, and we are soft as 17 on offense. Last year, we at least drove the lanes hard.

He’s better than Ray or Howland, but that’s really not saying much. We hand an empty upper bowl today in a must-win game on senior day. Not a great sign for Jans.
Why is an empty upper bowl a bad sign for Jans? It should be common knowledge by now that we have a terrible basketball fan base. Our fans would rather sit out in 40 degree weather and watch us play Nobody Tech in baseball than watch an SEC basketball game. I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Why is an empty upper bowl a bad sign for Jans? It should be common knowledge by now that we have a terrible basketball fan base. Our fans would rather sit out in 40 degree weather and watch us play Nobody Tech in baseball than watch an SEC basketball game. I don’t see that changing anytime soon.
We had a way better crowd when I was personally there last month against Arkansas. Then my son and I went and froze out balls off against a ****** baseball team where we ran ourselves out of the game, and we had a very small crowd.

Makes no sense how we had a small crowd with everything to gain today at the Hump.

Reactions: [email protected]

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Oh yeah here we go once again, let's blame the late season home basketball collapse on those terrible baseball fans. A baseball game the gates don't even open for fans to enter until 1 hour after the basketball game starts. Yeah, blame a baseball game that the National Anthem was actually being played for during overtime of the basketball game for the basketball loss. Let's don't consider this basketball team has a late season 4 game losing streak. Let's once again blame a late season basketball loss on those terrible baseball fans. This excuse is getting old, come up with another one next season please

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login