Chris Jones officially has "17-You Money"

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The article I read earlier this week said the district auditor became suspicious because the budget was over $300,000 off and was only halfway through the year. Plus the district doesn't even use wings and this was during Covid when parents were picking up meals for their kids. This doesn't add up.......

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
The article I read earlier this week said the district auditor became suspicious because the budget was over $300,000 off and was only halfway through the year. Plus the district doesn't even use wings and this was during Covid when parents were picking up meals for their kids. This doesn't add up.......
The article I linked says she stole 11,000 boxes of wings. That's $136/box which for the food service industry/catering business (large quantities) seems reasonable.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I'm at a loss for words:

Does he have some sort of connection to the lady that stole them? That's a weird thing to put $1.5M to if not.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Reactions: BulldogBlitz

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I'm at a loss for words:

Does this mean if I get caught after robbing a bank I don't have to go to jail if I give the money back?

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Today’s spending other people’s money post.

Feel the Bern.
Usually I’m in agreement with you on that type of thing. But all he said was it would be nice. I agree that it would be nice. He didn’t say “What a dumb a ss! He should have spent his money on NIL for MSU.”

Reactions: MSUDOG24 and olblue

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I can't get the math to work on this one. You would have to be a bigger operation than Tyson to be able to move this many wings. This is enough wings to feed 112 adults per day if all of them only ate wings for 3 meals a day, I know this because... I did the math.

View attachment 628548
Is 3,361.63 wings a day really that much for a wings restaurant to sell?

Wingstop charges basically $1 per wing if you by 10 at a time. So you're talking about $3,361.63 of revenue a day from the wings. I think that's good revenue. Especially when you talk about adding drinks to it and maybe fries or whatever, but you're talking under 2.5M of revenue over two years. If you aren't stealing the wings, basically $1.5M of that $2.5M is going to wings. So you have $500k a year to pay rent, utilities, insurance, staff, oil to fry in, cutlery, etc. and if yu're not stealing the wings to begin with, you've got to pay ~$1.5M for the wings, so you basically have $500k a year of revenue to pay all that (or really you have $500k plus whatever profit you make on drinks and fries or whatever), but if that was an unreasonably high amount of wings to sell, I don't think you'd ever see any wings restaurants get opened up.

ETA: And that assumes whoever she was selling to only had one location (or that she was only selling to one buyer). Hell, she may not have had to sell at all. Could have been their supplier paying her to put in the orders through the school and then he/she was selling for cash off the truck to multiple mom and pop restaurants.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Good for him. He's earned the right to do whatever with it.

Agree entirely. Still...

mila kunis television GIF

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Is 3,361.63 wings a day really that much for a wings restaurant to sell?

Wingstop charges basically $1 per wing if you by 10 at a time. So you're talking about $3,361.63 of revenue a day from the wings. I think that's good revenue. Especially when you talk about adding drinks to it and maybe fries or whatever, but you're talking under 2.5M of revenue over two years. If you aren't stealing the wings, basically $1.5M of that $2.5M is going to wings. So you have $500k a year to pay rent, utilities, insurance, staff, oil to fry in, cutlery, etc. and if yu're not stealing the wings to begin with, you've got to pay ~$1.5M for the wings, so you basically have $500k a year of revenue to pay all that (or really you have $500k plus whatever profit you make on drinks and fries or whatever), but if that was an unreasonably high amount of wings to sell, I don't think you'd ever see any wings restaurants get opened up.

ETA: And that assumes whoever she was selling to only had one location (or that she was only selling to one buyer). Hell, she may not have had to sell at all. Could have been their supplier paying her to put in the orders through the school and then he/she was selling for cash off the truck to multiple mom and pop restaurants.
Point being, she’s running a large scale business and not stealing to feed her family.

and I’m not in the restaurant business but for a single location of wingstop, hooters or bww to sell 3300 wings in a day on average seems a bit lofty. Maybe the Panama City beach hooters did that a few times in the ‘90s on summer Saturdays but I wouldn’t bank a business model on that.

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Point being, she’s running a large scale business and not stealing to feed her family.

Obviously not stealing to feed her family but I thought people were saying it was some astronomical amount to sell.

and I’m not in the restaurant business but for a single location of wingstop, hooters or bww to sell 3300 wings in a day on average seems a bit lofty. Maybe the Panama City beach hooters did that a few times in the ‘90s on summer Saturdays but I wouldn’t bank a business model on that.

It's lofty but from what I can tell, the median wingstop franchise has about ~$1.67M in sales in a year. That's chicken, drinks, and sides, but I would think 75% of its revenue coming from chicken rather than sides and drinks wouldn't be crazy high?

If it was some really popular hole in the wall wing place, I wouldn't be surprised to see them do more than the median wingstop location?

But the more I think about it, unless she has a relative with a wing restaurant, without knowing more, if I had to put money on it I would bet on the chicken never leaving the truck at the school and her working with somebody that was in the food supply business to move the chicken.

Reactions: uptowndawg

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
She was stealing it for a side hustle. She wasn't selling them at bww or wingstop pricing, so she could have gone through more. Also, she could have just been a new supplier for those restaurants.....buuuuuut, during covid, there was a shortage of wings, so this woman needs to fry (pun intended) for her part in this shortage.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
Usually I’m in agreement with you on that type of thing. But all he said was it would be nice. I agree that it would be nice. He didn’t say “What a dumb a ss! He should have spent his money on NIL for MSU.”
Thanks, always someone to be a dick.

Reactions: DerHntr

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I’m convinced that this story is making Americans dumber. It’s not hard to see what happened here. She was moving embezzled products through a fence or multiple fences to profit. She admitted that she stole to the tune of $1.5M. If Chris Jones wants to pay the restitution, more power to him. But it shouldn’t excuse the crime.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I’m convinced that this story is making Americans dumber. It’s not hard to see what happened here. She was moving embezzled products through a fence or multiple fences to profit. She admitted that she stole to the tune of $1.5M. If Chris Jones wants to pay the restitution, more power to him. But it shouldn’t excuse the crime.
The real question is, why does Chris Jones want to do that, anyway? Is he involved in the Chicago Wing Cartel?

Or was it just some random tweet he sent without thinking it through?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login