Chris Parson

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Will Lebby keep him? Is he the type of Qb for his style of offense.
He’ll certainly get consideration in 2 years. He has the talent. Problem for him is the transfer portal. Like it or not, we’re gonna shop for QBs every year - as we should.

We’ll for sure get a transfer this year and depending on eligibility, that might be the starting QB for the next 1-2 seasons. After that, it won’t matter that he’s been in the program and waited his turn. If we can find a QB in the portal that’s even a click better than him, he might not get the job.

Not saying this will happen, and he has the talent to be our best QB in a few years time. But Lebby will always attract QB talent from the portal.

Reactions: patdog

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
the portal has to suck for a young Qb, but maybe one year in the new system we/he will know where he stands. he did seem like he has tremendous potential in what little was seen of him this past season.
This is the SEC. Developing the most important player on the roster has been tossed out of the window. You either are the best player on the roster or you’re playing for Western Kentucky. Parson might be a fine QB but he’s not elite and everyone in the SEC needs an elite talent behind center to compete.

welcome to the NFL lite. If we can’t find better than Parson, we will lose 7 games again next season. No time for development here.

There’s two options going forward:

1. Elite highschool QB prospect
2. A Blue Bloods #2 transfer.

The days of redshirting a talented QB….gone with the wind. I didn’t make the rules but I damn sure can follow them

Last edited:

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
the portal has to suck for a young Qb, but maybe one year in the new system we/he will know where he stands. he did seem like he has tremendous potential in what little was seen of him this past season.
Not really. He is undersized without anything elite. Sure, he’d be fine for old MSU or new Vanderbilt….but he’s not going to beat LSU/Al/Aub or anyone else with elite talent.

We either get an NFL caliber QB or go ahead and forget about our chances in this conference. I’m sick of saying “we aim to compete for championships” without throwing everything we have on a qb.

it starts there. If we can’t hike it to a potential pro QB every snap, we will continue to suck Azz. It’s as simple as that. Go get a 17ing QB that is able “compete for championships”

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Lebby is a QB developer. Gabriel was a 3 star QB when Lebby recruited him to UCF. He was not a great NFL caliber QB coming out of high school. Hell, Lebby recruited Mike Wright. I think with one or two years under Lebby Chris might be excellent. But in that same time frame Anthony Maddox might overtake him. Or some other new recruit. Lebby will have a good QB.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Parson was rated higher than any qb Oklahoma has committed. He was the star of the elite 11 camp. He throws an accurate ball with touch or velocity and is dual threat. He may not start next year, but there is no reason to think he won’t eventually start. Lebby doesn’t have to have the very best qb talent to run his system effectively

Last edited:

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
This is the SEC. Developing the most important player on the roster has been tossed out of the window. You either are the best player on the roster or you’re playing for Western Kentucky. Parson might be a fine QB but he’s not elite and everyone in the SEC needs an elite talent behind center to compete.

welcome to the NFL lite. If we can’t find better than Parson, we will lose 7 games again next season. No time for development here.

The days of redshirting a talented QB….gone with the wind. I didn’t make the rules but I damn sure can follow them
What would be the point of getting an "elite" HS Qb? How many elite HS Qb's come in and start right away? That Manning kid at Tx was about as elite as it gets coming out of HS and I don't think he is the starting Qb as of yet. If what you are suggesting is true, then why would an Elite Qb give up his starting job to come the State? It ain't happening. State and every other school still has to develop a Qb to take over at some point, and if Lebby is the type of coach who's constantly trying to bring in another Qb to replace the current one at some point we won't get any decent Qb to come with the limited amount of times a player can transfer without sitting out.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Parson was rated higher than any qb Oklahoma has committed. He was the star of the elite 11 camp. He throws an accurate ball with touch or velocity and is dual threat. He may not start next year, but there is no reason to think he won’t eventually start. Lebby doesn’t have to have the very best qb talent to run his system effectively
You’re forgetting he played a half game, in his freshman year, in a completely inept offense, behind an offensive line that didn’t know if it was coming or going, with receivers running into each other. He’s never going to be any good!1!1!!1!1!1!!1!! **

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
Throw in the fact that MSU has fired two of the last three coaches in less than two years prevents development as changing coaches is fastest way to clear out a QB room

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Really?

I went back to re-read about this and he did not appear be the star. The coaches evals were better since they factored in junior year film, but at the camp he came in 16th out of 20 in the on field results.

247 Link

SI Link (pre chat gpt)

Still great to have him on the boat, but I don't think he's a guy that we just sit in our hands and wait for him to develop into an All-American either. He was 3 star by Rivals and 247. ESPN and Rivals break QBS into Pro and Dual Threat so his ranking at the position is skewed. But he graded out to the experts as a mid 30s best QB coming out last year and high 3* or low 4* depending on which service you read.

Screenshot_20231129-070038.png

Net take... I hope Lebby brings in another QB to push Parson or take the reigns.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
everyone in the SEC needs an elite talent behind center to compete.
Brady Cook from Mizzou says hold my Gatorade. 3* out of HS that most college fans have never heard of, they are 10-2 w/ a 9pnt loss to GA and 10 pnt loss to LSU and he's 3rd best rated QB in the conference right now. I'd say they are competing pretty good.

Spencer Rattler is 4th ranked in SEC stats right now (behind Brady Cook who is 3rd rated) but they suck and as a team (5-7), are far from elite. It all depends on chemistry and team, not just having a guy that is nationally known or "elite"

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Nah. Waaaaay over the top cynicism. You can still develop players.

We're going to suck so bad next year I don't know if we really need to blow NIL money on a QB. That's my point in the other thread, those QBs know we suck too, they aren't stupid, they aren't coming here just because we have a spot open. They want to win and look good for the NFL. I believe we are likely stuck with Wright, Parson and Flowers next year.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I do t care what rating he received in flag football or two hand touch camp. This is sec and if we want to compete for championships we will need the cream. Not the rise.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Oklahoma has an elite QB sitting behind Gabriel right now. Developing
Are you comparing our qb room and recruiting with OU? Also comparing the talent which will surround our signal caller to OUs stack offense? I’m speaking in truths. We will need an elite player in the most important position on the field if we want to compete for championships.

Reactions: Mts68

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Brady Cook from Mizzou says hold my Gatorade. 3* out of HS that most college fans have never heard of, they are 10-2 w/ a 9pnt loss to GA and 10 pnt loss to LSU and he's 3rd best rated QB in the conference right now. I'd say they are competing pretty good.

Spencer Rattler is 4th ranked in SEC stats right now (behind Brady Cook who is 3rd rated) but they suck and as a team (5-7), are far from elite. It all depends on chemistry and team, not just having a guy that is nationally known or "elite"
Is Mizzou playing for a championship? Did they beat the big boys they played against?

also, I’ll give credit where it’s due…they have better talent surrounding cook than most everyone in the east + the Rat of the year with their RB. He’s legit elite. But are they playing for anything better than a nice bowl bid? Answer is nope.

Would they have beaten UGA with a better QB…..maybe. You made my point for me

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012

We're going to suck so bad next year I don't know if we really need to blow NIL money on a QB. That's my point in the other thread, those QBs know we suck too, they aren't stupid, they aren't coming here just because we have a spot open. They want to win and look good for the NFL. I believe we are likely stuck with Wright, Parson and Flowers next year.
You arnt understanding the new era. Money talks. If we want to compete for championships we will go buy a qb. It’s the only thing in the realm of Being competitive in our league. We can’t sit back and hope to groom someone for 3 years….just to watch them get bought out by a blue blood. We will need to roll the dice with the best QB obtainable every year. It’s the only way we will ever be relevant. We will have to gamble and hope it hits. Our house money is comparable to Illinois Avenue. We need a free parking and a lucky roll up to Park Place, and pull the trigger.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I am addressing your comment about elite QBs which I can only assume you are referring to 5* players and saying they are expected to be ready to play immediately. Me and some other posters are pointing out the fallacy of that statement. It eould be ideal but plenty of what are now elite QBs were 3 stars out of high school and got some real development at the next level in order to excel. And obviously you need to rest of the complimentary parts. Bo Nix at Auburn may be a good example. Coaching makes a huge difference as does a competent OL and WR that can run routes and catch. A QB is most important tho so that is correct

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Drake Stoops would be another example of a 3 star players coached up. Texas 8&4 is also a great example of elite players. Top 10 class for the last 5 years. Theoretically they should be a top 3 team but coaching has failed all those 5 star players.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Is Mizzou playing for a championship? Did they beat the big boys they played against?

also, I’ll give credit where it’s due…they have better talent surrounding cook than most everyone in the east + the Rat of the year with their RB. He’s legit elite. But are they playing for anything better than a nice bowl bid? Answer is nope.

Would they have beaten UGA with a better QB…..maybe. You made my point for me
Oh, now the definition of "elite QB" is "NFL caliber", undefeated and playing for a championship? How many of those do you see around every year? Tell us which ones you are referring to this year. You're so full of shat

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Let’s See….LSU has 1…Alabama has one…OM has one…none are playing in a ship…but they were all competing for the ship…why not us? I’m saying that our next QB will need to be the best player on our team and draftable If we want to compete against the best in our league.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Let’s See….LSU has 1…Alabama has one…OM has one…none are playing in a ship…but they were all competing for the ship…why not us? I’m saying that our next QB will need to be the best player on our team and draftable If we want to compete against the best in our league.
Yea Parson isn’t good enough to play here , only a four star. we need to beat out Bama and Texas for the 5 stars and win a national championship or we are just wasting our time.

Put the crack pipe down

• Sad
Reactions: darkhorse_dan

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
That would be fine with me as long as he beats out some competition that we bring in through the portal

Reactions: Dawg84

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Lebby is a QB developer. Gabriel was a 3 star QB when Lebby recruited him to UCF. He was not a great NFL caliber QB coming out of high school. Hell, Lebby recruited Mike Wright. I think with one or two years under Lebby Chris might be excellent. But in that same time frame Anthony Maddox might overtake him. Or some other new recruit. Lebby will have a good QB.
All these dudes talking about elite QBs without knowing what that really means. As if every other SEC team has a five star fielding snaps and another riding the bench. We can recruit good players and I have no doubt Lebby will find some good ones that we have never heard of.

bigmixx72

Nov 15, 2023

We're not going to be as bad as you think. We're not completing for an SEC championship but we're not going to suck like we did this year.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Really?

I went back to re-read about this and he did not appear be the star. The coaches evals were better since they factored in junior year film, but at the camp he came in 16th out of 20 in the on field results.

247 Link

SI Link (pre chat gpt)

Still great to have him on the boat, but I don't think he's a guy that we just sit in our hands and wait for him to develop into an All-American either. He was 3 star by Rivals and 247. ESPN and Rivals break QBS into Pro and Dual Threat so his ranking at the position is skewed. But he graded out to the experts as a mid 30s best QB coming out last year and high 3* or low 4* depending on which service you read.

View attachment 462482

Net take... I hope Lebby brings in another QB to push Parson or take the reigns.

I’m not disagreeing with you, but this is a video from the Elite 11 camp. He showed out on deep balls. He looked like he more than belonged to me. Most of what Oklahoma has committed is under 90 except for the backup this year which wasn’t even recruited by them and committed anyway since he was a legacy and possibly the best qb recruit in the country. Parson is on par with what Lebby recruits.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Parson is good enough to be an elite QB if we give him a line to play behind. If Lebby develops QBs we will be fine at that position. Bring on some elite OL and DL players if you want to talk about championships.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
16 out of 20 in the Elite 11 is pretty good. Flowers is still committed. They re offered Maddox also.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login