Cinjntje on front page Fox News

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
It will be good for the anti fox folks to visit this site! I couldn't believe it when we signed him. I had never seen the BHP next to a pitcher.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Just to re-hash, when a switch hitter comes to the plate, he hasta decide if he's gonna face a left arm batting lefty or face a right arm batting right handed, No?

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
The pitcher declares. Then the batter can decide. But its for the full AB
I remember this being the case for Pat Venditte when he pitched in the pros - he had to declare which arm he'd use, then the batter gets to declare second. However, last Sunday during Loo's first-ever appearance, Bart mentioned the issue of him facing a switch hitter and I'm pretty sure he said that the batter had to declare first. I remember wondering if I'd heard it right because it was backwards from what the MLB did.

Looks like Arizona St has one switch hitter but he hasn't gotten any AB's so far this season so not likely to see it happen this weekend unless he's a PH and Loo makes a relief appearance at the same time.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Instead of switching sides for each batter, would it be more efficient to simply pitch from the right side (his stronger side) in a start and then be available to pitch LH relief the rest of the weekend?

I haven't thought this through, so someone more knowledgeable weigh in and let me know why that's a bad idea.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Instead of switching sides for each batter, would it be more efficient to simply pitch from the right side (his stronger side) in a start and then be available to pitch LH relief the rest of the weekend?

I haven't thought this through, so someone more knowledgeable weigh in and let me know why that's a bad idea.

I think you lose the primary advantage of a BHP when you don’t optimize the match up with every single hitter you face. And also, pitching is not just tiring for your arm, its a full body exercise. Very difficult to throw a starter’s workload on a Friday and then come back on 1-2 days rest on Saturday or Sunday, even if its with the opposite arm.

But, I also don’t think its impossible for him to start on Friday as a BHP, go 7 innings or so innings facing maybe 70% righties, then come back again on Sunday as a LHP reliever if needed. You want him to throw from both sides initially, though, if you can.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login