Clear bags

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Anyone’s wife use a clear backpack? Mine is wanting to prepare for every weather scenario and the clear purse won’t cut it. She has a clear plastic backpack that will work but all of the policies I have found are old and say no backpacks

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Is it a backpack though? That’s the issue. She has her clear purse she always uses, but she’s wanting to take a backpack and I can’t find any recent guidelines on it

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
It specifically identifies backpacks as not allowed, but it also says “nonclear bags that exceed the size restriction.”

I haven’t seen anyone measuring clear bags on the way in. I would think she would be okay if she holds it open for search and doesn’t “advertise” that it’s a backpack.

https://hailstate.com/sports/2017/12/13/clear-bag-policy.aspx

Rebeldude

Aug 22, 2012
Backpacks that are clear and of the approved size (12x12x6) are allowed. I'm sure if it's close to that size nobody will say a word.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
Mine does. But here’s the kicker. Get one with detachable straps. Only Twice in the years of clear bag policies has the happened but it has happened twice. You get a security guard that says a backpack is a no go. Step out of line, remove straps, throw them in the bag, walk back up to another guard and it’s a “carry” purse

First time burned us, second time we knew the drill

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Where can I buy a clear bag in Starkville today? Couldn’t find one on the coast anywhere that was opened

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login