Cleveland - Buffalo moved to Ford Field in Detroit...

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Sorry for the slight hi-jack but instead of a new thread, whatchall think about the artificial turf rumblings making the NFL rounds these days? I've been to enough hotels like The Opryland in Nashville and fantastic indoor zoos / aquariums in pre-Katrina Nawlins and here in the DFW area to know natural indoor grass ain't something too expensive for a NFL Franchise. Not understanding why the expense wouldn't be worth the health of the men who risk theirs making fans happy and owners, t.v. networks, corporations and yes themselves as well $Billions. I'm usually an Anti-Union person but in this case I'd like to see the NFLPA's attys kick the owners' a$$es in court on this one. Time for football to be played 100% on natural grass once again. If the dubmass yankees can't figger it out, STATE will send heppin' up there directly.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Sorry for the slight hi-jack but instead of a new thread, whatchall think about the artificial turf rumblings making the NFL rounds these days? I've been to enough hotels like The Opryland in Nashville and fantastic indoor zoos / aquariums in pre-Katrina Nawlins and here in the DFW area to know natural indoor grass ain't something too expensive for a NFL Franchise. Not understanding why the expense wouldn't be worth the health of the men who risk theirs making fans happy and owners, t.v. networks, corporations and yes themselves as well $Billions. I'm usually an Anti-Union person but in this case I'd like to see the NFLPA's attys kick the owners' a$$es in court on this one. Time for football to be played 100% on natural grass once again. If the dubmass yankees can't figger it out, STATE will send heppin' up there directly.
I’m with you. Forget just player health, if I’m an owner, my star players being available every game is more important than saving a few hundred grand a year (I’m guessing a high estimate) on lawn care. Also, this has to factor into free agent decisions.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012

• Wow
Reactions: patdog

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Still tryng to figure out why a city like Buffalo doesn't have a covered stadium?

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I was hoping for an honest to goodness snow game. They only have about 5 feet. Can't they handle a few flurries?

Reactions: trob115

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I suppose they could do like Arizona does and roll the playing surface out into the sun when not in use. But in places like Green Bay and Minneapolis it's too cold for any kind of natural grass to grow in the winter. They'd wind up playng on frozen dirt. Last I heard, Green Bay's surface is a hybrid of Bluegrass and plastic turf. Maybe they could use growing lights and keep everything inside and heated.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
What's crazy is that the location is the worst for lake effect snow. If they moved a little further north, they wouldn't have as much problems.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
So, in the first picture, you see Hamburg and Orchard Park, where the Bill's stadium is. That's really where the heaviest snow falls. If they would just put the new stadium in Amherst or around Niagara Falls, or even Buffalo itself, they wouldn't have to worry about canceling any games.

I'm still on vacation, but at the most, Rochester and the surrounding area will get about 2 feet of snow. Warsaw, which you see on the first map will probably get pounded with snow. I really don't know why they tend to get more snow further south. Maybe some Sixpack meteorologists might be able to explain.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221118_223611_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20221118_223611_Maps.jpg
    896.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20221118_203644_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20221118_203644_Maps.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
So, in the first picture, you see Hamburg and Orchard Park, where the Bill's stadium is. That's really where the heaviest snow falls. If they would just put the new stadium in Amherst or around Niagara Falls, or even Buffalo itself, they wouldn't have to worry about canceling any games.

I'm still on vacation, but at the most, Rochester and the surrounding area will get about 2 feet of snow. Warsaw, which you see on the first map will probably get pounded with snow. I really don't know why they tend to get more snow further south. Maybe some Sixpack meteorologists might be able to explain.
Prevailing wind direction. Lake Effect Snow is a product of the wind blowing over the warmer lake water and creating snow so whatever the wind the direction is will dictate where the high snowfall amounts are.

Reactions: preacher_dawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login