Coach’s bar seat at Capt Tony’s

HiltonHeadDawg

Dec 19, 2022
Good morning six pack from Key West. New member but long time lurker. Love the site. Just wanted to provide an update to this post. We had scheduled this trip several months ago but CML's passing made this more important. I stopped by Captain Tony's and took some pictures. You'll notice the seat is not at the bar. According to the bartenders people were trying to steal the seat so they had to hang it on the wall in the pool room. Pretty good company to me. Also I noticed they have a signed MS State helmet hanging by the store. Hope you enjoy the pictures. I was honored to be here at this time and yet a little sad.

Attachments

• IMG_20221218_144053852.jpg
    IMG_20221218_144053852.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20221218_143240873.jpg
    IMG_20221218_143240873.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 42

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Good morning six pack from Key West. New member but long time lurker. Love the site. Just wanted to provide an update to this post. We had scheduled this trip several months ago but CML's passing made this more important. I stopped by Captain Tony's and took some pictures. You'll notice the seat is not at the bar. According to the bartenders people were trying to steal the seat so they had to hang it on the wall in the pool room. Pretty good company to me. Also I noticed they have a signed MS State helmet hanging by the store. Hope you enjoy the pictures. I was honored to be here at this time and yet a little sad.
Leach sandwiched between JFK and Hemingway is "outstanding."

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Have to paraphrase but it's in one of his numerous videos where he's asked by the journalist what he'd want to be remembered by in his eulogy.

Leach "Oh I don't know, I mean that's gonna be the writer's problem because hell I'll be dead".

Leach has EARNED his right to be recognized with JFK & Hemmingway at that famous Key West Bar. And it's cool as hell his is the one that has to be protected due to the value and neffarious demand.

Armdady

Dec 20, 2022
Coach Leach told me there are only two football coaches with stools: Him and Urban Meyer…and Meyer only has one because ML recommended him for a stool. There are also only 3 helmets on the wall: WSU, MSU, and OSU.

I’ll tell my ML story when I have time to type it. It’s a good one…classic ML.

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012
Coach Leach told me there are only two football coaches with stools: Him and Urban Meyer…and Meyer only has one because ML recommended him for a stool. There are also only 3 helmets on the wall: WSU, MSU, and OSU.

I’ll tell my ML story when I have time to type it. It’s a good one…classic ML.
I hope i log in on that day to see it!

Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login