Coach Leach: I think it was inconsistency

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
"I think it was inconsistency," Mississippi State coach Mike Leach said. "I thought we played real hard. I thought it was a contested game. We have just got to be consistent, especially against a team like that. Those guys are some of the most decorated recruits in the nation. And sometimes that is wrong, but some of them are really good. And when you play somebody like that, you have to be consistent."

He knows we don't have the talent of other SEC teams. We know that too. Maybe get some better talent, Ole Miss got some decent portal guys and recruits, by working harder, selling the school and the system, and coaching them up. But, I think he realizes there's a ceiling at State. The SEC has a lot of decorated recruits.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
I was no fan of CML last night , but he’s right. We don’t quite have the talent to run his system with the perfection required or his staff isn’t quite good enough to teach it. I don’t know which it is.

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
Yeah he’s starting to realize it’s a lot harder going up against 6-7 teams on the schedule that recruit in the top 20 every year vs pac 12 or big 12 where you might have 2…at best.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Hold the phone!! Coach Leach and this staff can coach the hell out of football. I wonder what life would be like for him and his staff ever got an opportunity to work at a blue blood school, but they don’t want his quirky attitude about life. I am honored that Spurrier, Jr, McBath, Mele, Washington, Miller, etc. are working their tails off to produce a winner. Mullen left, no one pushed him out. These guys inherited the JoMo disaster and worked. We are getting better. It takes time. Some of you voices of fandom don’t have a clue.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Exactly. There’s maybe 2 or 3 PAC 12 teams every year that could break even in the SEC.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
The inconsistence came, because their D did not cooperate with our offensive scheme. Statistically, THEY whipped our ***.

Capt Croom

Sep 18, 2022
I was no fan of CML last night , but he’s right. We don’t quite have the talent to run his system with the perfection required or his staff isn’t quite good enough to teach it. I don’t know which it is.

This is probably his most talented team he’s ever had. It’s a lot more difficult to gain separation against elite DBs in the SEC.

was21

May 29, 2007
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds R.W. Emerson

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login