Coach Prime's spring break send off

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
"You have a meeting [Monday morning]. If you late to that meeting, there’s going to be consequences. Your locker will be cleaned. It will be cleaned, and I’m not threatening you. It’s just reality," Sanders told his players.

From there, he emphasized the importance of the players being aware of their surroundings during the break.

"Fellas, be careful on your break. Be careful on your comings and goings. Everyone ain’t for you, everyone ain’t with you, everybody don’t love you, everybody don’t appreciate you, everybody don’t want you to be that guy you plan on being, and your life is of value.

I know he's a showboat and attention ***** but I like the expectations he puts on his players as athletes and men. It's going to be interesting (and entertaining), to watch.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
"You have a meeting [Monday morning]. If you late to that meeting, there’s going to be consequences. Your locker will be cleaned. It will be cleaned, and I’m not threatening you. It’s just reality," Sanders told his players.

From there, he emphasized the importance of the players being aware of their surroundings during the break.

"Fellas, be careful on your break. Be careful on your comings and goings. Everyone ain’t for you, everyone ain’t with you, everybody don’t love you, everybody don’t appreciate you, everybody don’t want you to be that guy you plan on being, and your life is of value.

I know he's a showboat and attention ***** but I like the expectations he puts on his players as athletes and men. It's going to be interesting (and entertaining), to watch.
In other words, Prime said, "don't do any of the Spring Break stuff I used to do "

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Probably what 95% of the coaches tell their players before spring break. They just don’t make the news.
My first thought too.. every college athlete hears that speech from every coach before spring break. They probably don't all hear it while the king's English is being slaughtered, so perhaps this is more real to them.. I have no idea. Regardless, they all hear it.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

erry military safety brief in erry branch, ever.

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Probably what 95% of the coaches tell their players before spring break. They just don’t make the news.
Correct. The other coaches just don’t have their oldest son hired to follow them around with a video camera and create content 24/7.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Correct. The other coaches just don’t have their oldest son hired to follow them around with a video camera and create content 24/7.
Prime understands how to use social media and has the street cred to get tons of attention. Everything he does is about the show. He's very wise in that aspect. If he ran Trump's social media accounts, DJT would have been appointed emperor for life.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
He's a successful, high profile black guy that I get the feeling really has his player's attention. If he's sincere (and I believe he is) he's in a position to really be a positive influence on some young lives on and off the field. Until he proves me wrong, I'm all for him.

Reactions: AFDawg and patdog

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
He's a successful, high profile black guy that I get the feeling really has his player's attention. If he's sincere (and I believe he is) he's in a position to really be a positive influence on some young lives on and off the field. Until he proves me wrong, I'm all for him.
Yeah I don't understand the pessimism about Prime. He was a positive influence in the city that our state desperately needs better leaders in.

Reactions: AFDawg and patdog

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I wonder if he showed them pics of STD's to seal the deal.
haha, I was AF, so we didn't have to get that far in the weeds.

During a deployment in 2016/15, we did have a young airman who married a stripper shortly before he left. She lost her phone and got a new one on his account. When it synced (?) up with his apple ID, he started her messages. If went downhill for him quickly.

Last edited:

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004

During a deployment in 2016/16, we did have a young airman who married a stripper shortly before he left. She lost her phone and got a new one on his account. When it synced (?) up with his apple ID, he started her messages. If went downhill for him quickly.
Did he drive around in a Camaro financed at a 40% rate?

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

During a deployment in 2016/16, we did have a young airman who married a stripper shortly before he left. She lost her phone and got a new one on his account. When it synced (?) up with his apple ID, he started her messages. If went downhill for him quickly.

Marrying a stripper before leaving on a deployment is up there amongst the 17'n stupidest things ever done by an adult human male.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

During a deployment in 2016/15, we did have a young airman who married a stripper shortly before he left. She lost her phone and got a new one on his account. When it synced (?) up with his apple ID, he started her messages. If went downhill for him quickly.
One of my friends told me his first marriage failed because he was too young when he got married and his ex-wife was a stripper, that’s how they met. I replied “really? The marriage failed because of your age?” and just started laughing. He didn’t see any humor in it. “Love” is blind.

• Haha
Reactions: greenbean.sixpack

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
One of my friends told me his first marriage failed because he was too young when he got married and his ex-wife was a stripper, that’s how they met. I replied “really? The marriage failed because of your age?” and just started laughing. He didn’t see any humor in it. “Love” is blind.
Strip clubs in Columbus, Fayetteville, and Jacksonville- providing first wives for E-1's just out of Boot Camp for over 80 years.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

I appreciate the sentiment, but the leaving the country right after marrying the stripper part really amps up an already incredibly stupid act.

You get absolutely none of the only positive of marrying a stripper, and all of the negatives.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login