Cohen and Lemonis

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
I heard some info I found interesting this morning. This came from someone currently involved with another SEC baseball program. This person said that it's been a general consensus of all the non-State SEC coaching staffs that Cohen was calling the shots from day 1 of Lemonis tenure. Lemonis was just "doing what daddy told him too". Once daddy Cohen left, Lemonis was lost.

Take it for what it's worth. This person found it much more humorous than I did.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I heard some info I found interesting this morning. This came from someone currently involved with another SEC baseball program. This person said that it's been a general consensus of all the non-State SEC coaching staffs that Cohen was calling the shots from day 1 of Lemonis tenure. Lemonis was just "doing what daddy told him too". Once daddy Cohen left, Lemonis was lost.

Take it for what it's worth. This person found it much more humorous than I did.
LOL

Reactions: PearlRiverCoDawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
Active imagination.
Cohen is a notorious micromanager, but to think all Lemonis was was Cohens puppet is ridiculous. It really looks like hers a coach who needs strong leaders on the team. He had that for the first 3 years. He hasn’t had that since.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016

Considering Cohen has the worst SEC winning percentage in Msstate baseball history, I could believe it.

Reactions: patdog

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008

This is so dumb to believe, and I’m not even sure how this situation would work. What does “calling the shots” mean exactly?….

Was Cohen texting Lemonis in the dugout on when to signal in a hit and run?
Was Cohen setting the lineup the night before games?
Was Cohen running practice while Lemonis sat on his bucket?

This is an absolutely absurd suggestion.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Keep your opinions in Arkansas

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Keep your opinions in Arkansas
This isn't my opinion and was not presented as such. I'm just relaying info I got from someone that works with the baseball program and talks coaches from other schools every weekend. Never said the coaches were right. Just saying he was adamant that is what the coaches believe.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022

That’s someone that is just 17-ing acting like he/she knows something which they DONT.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Whoever told you that is dumb, fos, or both.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login